title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Add ReplayGain to existing files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmcalister
    • Jan 2016

Add ReplayGain to existing files

I have begun (about 100 discs in) to rip a CD collection to ALAC and 192k MP3 files. I did not apply any ReplayGain to the MP3s. I put some of the MP3s on my Android phone (Galaxy S5), and the volume disparity between albums can be great. Is there a simple process for adding ReplayGain to existing MP3s, short of re-ripping them? I have the full dBpoweramp Reference software package.

Tangential to this main issue:
    1. Should I write the ReplayGain to the tags or the files?
    2. If written to the tags, what are some Android music players that can recognize the tags and apply normalization? iTunes syncing would be a plus.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Add ReplayGain to existing files

Originally posted by jmcalister
    I have begun (about 100 discs in) to rip a CD collection to ALAC and 192k MP3 files. I did not apply any ReplayGain to the MP3s. I put some of the MP3s on my Android phone (Galaxy S5), and the volume disparity between albums can be great. Is there a simple process for adding ReplayGain to existing MP3s, short of re-ripping them? I have the full dBpoweramp Reference software package.
    Look here at post no. 8

1. Should I write the ReplayGain to the tags or the files?
    By writing ReplayGain to the files, am I right in assuming you mean adjusting the volume of the digital audio within the file?

Ideally, you would write the ReplayGain values as tags, and your media player, which hopefully supports ReplayGain, would read the tags and adjust volumes accordingly.

2. If written to the tags, what are some Android music players that can recognize the tags and apply normalization? iTunes syncing would be a plus.
    Sorry, I am not familiar with android media players.

Comment

Working...

]]>