title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Conversion Slow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sugar Magnolia
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Batch Conversion Slow

I'm running a batch conversion, 577 24/96 Flac -> 16/44.1 Flac.

These are being created as new files on a different directory on the same local drive.

This is running about 1.8x and reporting 1 Day 17 Hours (this seems to keep increasing) remain. I expect that at this rate it will take 4+ days, as there is 8+ days worth of music.

When I look at the CPU usage in windows, it is very low, around 1% for my 8 core CPU. Memory usage is around 4 of 16 GB.

See attached.

Is there anything I can do to help this? Priority is set to "Above Normal".

Thanks, Pete
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Conversion Slow

See:

I am converting FLAC to MP3 and I think I am having slowness problems. I looked in the forums and did not see anything similar as far as I could tell. Any suggestions appreciated. A couple of years ago I used Batch converter to convert all my FLAC to MP3. I have some new FLAC files and wish to batch convert again. But I feel

It is likely where you are writing to.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sugar Magnolia
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

Re: Batch Conversion Slow

Thanks. I'd seen that thread, but wasn't sure if it applied here.

At any rate, I changed to writing to a different drive and holy crap, what an improvement.

Now running at 80x and this should be complete within an hour, not 4 days.

I guess it makes sense, that with 8 simultaneous reads and 8 simultaneous writes, that if they can be separated onto different drives, the whole system should work better.

Thanks again!

Pete
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...

]]>