title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems with Naming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problems with Naming

Hi There
    I've been ripping CD's to FLAC copies on my NAS drive over the last few days. Today when I fired up my PC and NAS and started I got a ripping error - unable to open file. Having checked Naming box the file path appears to have changed. I'm pretty sure I had programmed as "[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]" (as documented in the help files on naming) and before today had been able to just fire up the software and pick up where I had left off. Now TRIMFIRSTFOLDER does not seem to even be available as an option now?
    I'm confused - has there been a software update in the last couple of days? How do I replicate my original string?
    Thanks
    Ian

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Problems with Naming

dBpoweramp Music Converter does not auto-update.

What has Naming changed from, to?

Just checking something here, are you getting CDRipper settings and Batch Converter settings confused i.e. where in CDRipper did you use [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]?
    Last edited by mville; 01-02-2016 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added another question

Hello, thanks for the reply. I did have a quick play with batch converter. I don't think I'm confusing the commands but in case I am being dim I'll rephrase the problem

I'm using CD Ripper. After booting up today I can't rip. An example error code is
    "Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\NASDRIVENAME\Music\ Joan Osborne\Relish\01 Joan Osborne - St. Teresa.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\NASDRIVENAME\Music\ Joan Osborne\Relish\01 Joan Osborne - St. Teresa.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]"

The reason seems to be that the folder with the artist name isn't being created so my assumption is that the Naming function (Bottom left hand side under path) is, for some reason no longer valid. I've definitely no changed it.
    It is currently set at
    " [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]"

So, in short my problem is it did work two days ago, I've not changed anything and doesn't today and I can't understand why!

Thanks very much for your assistance
    Last edited by Stal; 01-02-2016 at 08:17 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Probably a network issue.

Can you access the NASDRIVENAME\Music directory from Windows File Explorer or Mac OS Finder, depending on your PC OS?

Hello mville,

I was being dim re the naming

I have resolved thanks - it wasn't the naming that was the problem it was NAS access. Although I could access the drive from the admin portal and windows explorer - I've reset the path and I'm up and running again.

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated
    Cheers
    Last edited by Stal; 01-02-2016 at 08:35 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    I have resolved thanks - it wasn't the naming that was the problem it was NAS access. Although I could access the drive from the admin portal and windows explorer - I've reset the path and I'm up and running again.
    Good news.

The loss of connection between OS and NAS/Network Drives is a recurring issue now on these forums as more and more users deploy non-local hard drive storage.

I would like to see some changes in CDRipper/Batch Converter, where, if the target drive is not available, especially network drives, a more user-friendly error is produced, advising the user to check the status of their network.