title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Need String for Converting from M4A to MP3 with the Same Artist/Album format

Need String for Converting from M4A to MP3 with the Same Artist/Album format

I just finished ripping all of my CD's to Apple Lossless format. The Rip put all of the CDs in the correct folder format, which is Artist/Album/Tracks.

Now I am trying to use Music Converter to convert those folders into a separate MP3 folder, but when I choose the M4A artist folder and run the converter it puts all of the tracks into the Root of the hard drive I am converting to, not into that Artist's folder. I tried many of the strings in the Help Documentation, but can't get them to do what I want.

I would like to convert each album onto a hard drive, into a folder I created called Music_MP3, with the following structure, with each Artist going into their own folder under the Music_MP3 folder:

Artist Name
    Album Name
    Track

For each CD that I ripped. Can someone help on this?

Administrator

Re: Need String for Converting from M4A to MP3 with the Same Artist/Album format

Use dynamic set to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]