title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Settings override for chromecast audio

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Settings override for chromecast audio

Hi all,

Happy new year.

Have been fidlding with my Chromecast audio (firmware 1.17) and AssetUPnP (registered 5.1). Using BubbleUPnP on Android 5 phone as a control point.
    The Chromecast plays flac , wav, mp3. It plays audio up to 24/96 since its last firmware update.

I made a settings override for it, as I only want this control point on this chromecast to transcode music (my linn plays all formats out of the box for years using AssetUPnP).

The config looks like:

=BubbleUPnP
    [StreamMax48KHz]
    [StreamMax16Bit]
    [ForceToWAVE]

Control point string on the right hand side pane is 'Android/5.1.1 UPnP/1.0 BubbleUPnP/2.5.6'

When using this config, however, the control point software indicates that the music file being played is never wav but always its original format (m4a/flac/...). It never shows that wav is being played as I am hoping. Other than this cosmetic issue, the chromecast does not play m4a alac files, nor does it play high res files (e.g. 24 bit/176 sacd tracks in flac).

Is my configuration off? It does not seem to be considered at all. Many thanks for any useful suggestions.

Control point string on the right hand side pane is ' Android/5.1.1 UPnP/1.0 BubbleUPnP/2.5.6'
    Last edited by DaFork; 01-01-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Administrator

Re: Settings override for chromecast audio

You have restarted Asset and cleared the playlist on the control point?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have restarted Asset and cleared the playlist on the control point?
    Double yes.

I did find out that when I replace the control point (to be matched) by its full string and not just the 'BubbleUPnP' part, all is working as intended. So that is a workaround for the time being, which is more cumbersome as I need to update this string on each control point app update (which is frequent).

Or, for a substring to be matched against the full string correctly , do I need to provide asterisks ('*BubbleUPnp* in this case)?

Administrator

A check is done on substring, no * is needed. The Xbox and PlayStation pass version numbers also.