title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ripped Flac tracks do not match CD

Ripped Flac tracks do not match CD

Hi everyone,

I just bought the No Angel CD from Dido. I ripped the CD which went pretty normal although the last track showed 83 re ripped frames. When I listen to the Flac files created after ripping something is very wrong. To give an example track 3 - Don't Think of Me has a part mixed with track two (after a silent pause) so track three starts already somewhere in the song instead of the beginning. Is this a faulty CD? Although it is brand new one even packed in the plastic wrapper. Or what did I do wrong? Is something wrong with my dbpoweramp ripper settings? Thanks for any help if possible....

Kind regards,

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Ripped Flac tracks do not match CD

Quote Originally Posted by Lancia200 View Post
    I just bought the No Angel CD from Dido. I ripped the CD which went pretty normal although the last track showed 83 re ripped frames. When I listen to the Flac files created after ripping something is very wrong. To give an example track 3 - Don't Think of Me has a part mixed with track two (after a silent pause) so track three starts already somewhere in the song instead of the beginning. Is this a faulty CD? Although it is brand new one even packed in the plastic wrapper. Or what did I do wrong? Is something wrong with my dbpoweramp ripper settings? Thanks for any help if possible....
    Please can you provide more information about your setup e.g. platform/OS, dBpoweramp Music Converter version, target destination for your flac files (local hard disk or NAS) etc.?

Hi mville,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, dBpoweramp Release 15.3, dBpoweramp DSP Effects Release 11. My "Music" folder is stored on a Western-Digital 4 TB external USB HDD. dBpoweramp is installed on the second partition of my local hard drive (Western-Digital 1 TB) in other words I'm not storing my Flac files on a NAS. The dBpoweramp Ripper is configured based on Carlton Bale's Blog post : "How to configure dBpoweramp for Bit-perfection CD Audio Ripping. I'll hope this information can already help you. If not please let me know.

Administrator

Did accuraterip verify all the tracks?

Hi Spoon,

I suppose it did verify all the tracks. Besides the option to verify written audio after ripping is ticked. I can also tell you that it was a brand new CD still packaged with a plastic wrapping around the jewel case of the Original CD. I could try to rip it again but I'm afraid that the result will be the same.
    Last edited by Lancia200; 12-31-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Administrator

The option to verify after writing is different from AccurateRip, the AccurateRip verification is the one which checks the data off the cd matches other peoples.

Hi Spoon,

I just inserted the CD album and this is what I see before the ripping process :

dido_no_angel.jpg

This seems to be ok, although the low accuraterip rip status number, but the problem occurs after the ripping process. I just tried to rip the CD track by track. First track no problem. Second track gets, after a pause, the intro of track 3 attached to it. In other words if I would ripped track 3 it would start already somewhere in the beginning of the track instead of the beginning. Is it due to the low confidence or do I have a faulty disc? If I listen to disc via VLC player the same problem occurs.
    Last edited by Lancia200; 01-03-2016 at 06:57 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lancia200 View Post
    I just tried to rip the CD track by track. First track no problem. Second track gets, after a pause, the intro of track 3 attached to it. In other words if I would ripped track 3 it would start already somewhere in the beginning of the track instead of the beginning. Is it due to the low confidence or do I have a faulty disc? If I listen to disc via VLC player the same problem occurs.
    Can you play the CD successfully, in a standard CD player?

The problem will not be due to the low confidence, (AccurateRip(3)), if that is what you mean.
    Last edited by mville; 01-03-2016 at 07:11 AM. Reason: confidence reference

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Can you play the CD successfully, in a standard CD player?

The problem will not be due to the low confidence, (AccurateRip(3)), if that is what you mean.
    Hi again mville,

First of all my best wishes for 2016. The only thing I can try is to play the CD in my DVD drive connected to my Television set. I have no other way of testing it. At first I thought it may be due to the low confidence, thanks for clearing that up. I'll keep you posted.

Administrator

It is likely that this CD is mastered incorrectly, so even if play the track on a normal cd player and look at the track number, it will be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely that this CD is mastered incorrectly, so even if play the track on a normal cd player and look at the track number, it will be wrong.
    Best wishes to you too Spoon. I've send in a return request via bol.com and requested them to send me a new CD. Let's hope that this one won't have the same problem.

Administrator

The replacement will be the same, when a batch of CDs are made they are made in the 1000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The replacement will be the same, when a batch of CDs are made they are made in the 1000's.
    Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your comment but I was a bit too quick. I received a new copy of this CD with the same error just as you mentioned. I've sent both copies of this CD back to bol.com and requested a refund. They agreed the refund and I will also receive a gift card with my next purchase.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have this CD and I ripped it in 2007. I just listened to tracks 2 and 3 and found no problem with them. I still have the original CD somewhere (?) packed away so I don't know the exact label information right now. It's most likely from a different production run than the copy you had.

Quote Originally Posted by munkitkat View Post
    I just bought the No Angel CD from Dido. I ripped the CD which went pretty normal although the last track showed 83 re ripped frames. When I listen to the Flac files created after ripping something is very wrong. To give an example track 3 - Don't Think of Me has a part mixed with track two (after a silent pause) so track three starts already somewhere in the song instead of the beginning. Is this a faulty CD? Although it is brand new one even packed in the plastic wrapper. Or what did I do wrong? Is something wrong with my dbpoweramp ripper settings? Thanks for any help if possible
    Do the tracks play correctly if you play the CD in a CD player? If you jump to track 3 does it play part of track 2 as per your rip results?