title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Discmakers Pico unable to locate

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Discmakers Pico unable to locate

Tried running the test for a Diskmakers Pico (basically the MF Digital Baxter) and it responds with "unable to locate minicubis, is connected?" (yes, I specified the Pico in the config) This is a unit know to work in Windows XP with Riptastic. I'm running Windows 7. Of course it won't work with the dBpoweramp batch ripper program.

Does this program work with this unit or am I treading in still-untested beta territory?

Administrator

Re: Discmakers Pico unable to locate

Have you tested it with any other software?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have you tested it with any other software?
    I'm not sure what you are asking here. Yesterday I just ripped 20 CDs on the Pico using Riptastic in automatic batch rip mode. On a different PC running Win7 dBpoweramp batch ripping fails. The CD part of the Pico is working correctly. CDs are recognized and play correctly. It's the autoloader that I can't get working. This is my first attempt to evaluate dBpoweramp.

I could try it on Win10 but I didn't even attempt that since I suspect the chance for success on that to be even lower. I would be perfectly happy with Riptastic but I don't expect that Windows XP computer to last much longer.

Administrator

Install dBpoweramp on the PC which was used with Riptastic as a test.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Install dBpoweramp on the PC which was used with Riptastic as a test.
    I'll give that a try tonight.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It worked correctly on the WinXP machine using dBpoweramp batch ripper. I do note that the Win7 device manager shows the MFD-CD20-Version2.10 with an unconfigured device symbol and the properties for it show that the drivers for the device are not installed.

Win7 doesn't recognize the breadusb.sys as a valid driver (I imagine that it's fine for XP but not 7). I also guess that the MFD_Baxter.inf doesn't come into play either.

edit: I'm using 64 bit Win7.
    Last edited by linkman; 01-02-2016 at 11:49 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Anyone have ideas on this? Is dBpoweramp with the Pico confirmed to be fully functional on Windows 7 with 64 bit?

Administrator

Until you get the device to be recognized in Device Manager, there is little chance of dBpoweramp working with it. Windows first has to recognize and install the drivers.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Until you get the device to be recognized in Device Manager, there is little chance of dBpoweramp working with it. Windows first has to recognize and install the drivers.
    That was it! I used the Acronova Dupliq driver, added appropriate entries for the VID/PID to the .inf file, and Windows was perfectly happy with the driver and device. Once the driver was installed the device configured fine and worked perfectly with dBpoweramp batch ripper.

I'll be purchasing a license.
    Last edited by linkman; 01-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.