title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 4.6.3 for QNAP not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset 4.6.3 for QNAP not working

What happens when you run the registered version Peter gave you in Private Message?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mlap
      • Dec 2015

It happens exactly the same problem why I opened this thread. I try to connect to the Asset configuration web page and I get connection refused from the browser.

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Sorry to hear that it does not work.

Just to be sure, I tried this exact package on my TS-109 and it does install and run, showing itself as registered.

It could be that the installation process is somehow broken and fails or succeeds at random? What if you try installing the registered version again a couple of times?

I for one thing had my TS-109 tell me that the installation failed but Asset actually worked and showed up under installed QPKG list after reopening relevant page...

Comment

• mlap
          • Dec 2015

The installation process doesn't give any error. the problem is that after installation I can't access to the configuration web page. I have reinstalled till 3 times the registered version and doesn't work, all times the installation is successfull but I can't access the configuration page. If I intall the trial over the registered version it doesn't work also, installation is OK but same problem. In order to solve it I have to remove installation and install the trial. Then everything works

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Just to be 100% sure (I bet you've already done this but I have to ask anyway)-
            Have you tried removing any prior install of Asset and installing the registered QPKG?
            Maybe it's installing over an existing installation that's broken - would not be the first time, we had such bugs before, with earlier versions some people had to uninstall old, reboot NAS, install new. I recommend you try that also.

The registered and trial versions that you have contain the same Asset program binaries inside.
            Last edited by PeterP; 01-06-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• mlap
              • Dec 2015

I have removed every installation, installed the registered 4.6.3 an doesn't work. after that I remove registered and install trial and works. (but I have to remove registered).
              I have removed everything, reboot, and install registered and same error. removed registered and installed trial and it works.

seem to be something with the registered version

Comment

• mlap
                • Dec 2015

I'm now on version 4.3 registered without problems. it seem that 4.6.3 is not for me

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

I'm sorry but it seems that I'm out of reasonable explanations for this...

The registered version requires slightly more hard drive space than trial. Are you sure your primary hard drive isn't full?

Can you SSH to your QNAP unit, locate malformed Asset R4.6.3 installation under /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Asset, pack it and email to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis?
                  Example SSH commands:
                  cd /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg
                  tar czf /share/HDA_DATA/<share-name-goes-here>/Asset.tar.gz Asset
                  .. then grab Asset.tar.gz from the share you specified in the second command and email.

I'm very sorry that this has taken so much of your time already.

Comment

• PeterP
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jul 2011

Verified fixed.

Version: R4.6.4 beta 6 Downloads: Linux x86: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R4.6.4%20beta%206-Linux-x86-trial.tar.gz Linux x86-64: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R4.6.4%20beta%206-Linux-x64-trial.tar.gz Raspberry Pi: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R4.6.4%20beta%206-RaspberryPi-trial.tar.gz QNAP:

Long explanation: we used sendfile() to copy data between two files when dealing with Asset registered version state, very old Linux kernel used by QNAP did not like that.

Comment

• Silences
                      • Jan 2012

Hello,

My system is a QNAP TS-870 software 4.2 with Asset UPnP 4.6.3 trial installed on top of a premium 4.6 installation (in order not to loose the statistics of 'Top album' & 'Top tracks').
                      The whole is runing for different LINN configurations (I am a LINN reseller) with Kazoo.

The problem I got now is new, we know that the search engine on 4.6 was not going pretty well (Answers only on track name) but it got even worse: whatever I type in I got an answer of 6995 track/album/artists
                      I don't have this problem on WHS with Asset 5.1, there, the search goes pretty well (Search answers differentiated on Artists/track/album)

I would also mention that I am highly missing the possiblity to specify specific tags and bitrate also disappeared on QNAP's...

But still...Asset is my favourite and it would be better with everything on QNAP's ;-)
                      Last edited by Silences; 02-04-2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Silences
                        • Jan 2012

In the meantime I have installed the QNAP 4.6.4 b3 version and .... the search now says "No results returned" me may need to wait for 5.x versions on QNAP

Comment

• Golfmatchplayer
                          • Feb 2016

Asset 4.6.3 (trial) is running on my QNAP TS-251, however I'm having problems with audio format and downsampling from 24bit to 16bit. I have a number of 24x96 FLAC files and need to the play at a lower bitrate for my old PreAmp/DAC. The problem is the conversion doesn't work and all I get is noise. I've tried multiple controllers and the issue seems to be with Asset UPnP. I was getting some results using settings with change these to an LPCM stream; but these are inconsistent. Help much appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

You have tried 'as wav'?
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Silences
                              The problem I got now is new, we know that the search engine on 4.6 was not going pretty well (Answers only on track name) but it got even worse: whatever I type in I got an answer of 6995 track/album/artists
                              I don't have this problem on WHS with Asset 5.1, there, the search goes pretty well (Search answers differentiated on Artists/track/album)
                              Thanks for your feedback.

Search in Asset for QNAP originates from old Asset R4 codebase, it's not quite living up to today's standards. Full port of Asset R5 is planned at some point.

Originally posted by Silences
                              I would also mention that I am highly missing the possiblity to specify specific tags and bitrate also disappeared on QNAP's...
                              Not sure what you mean by that, please clarify.

Comment

• Golfmatchplayer
                                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
                                You have tried 'as wav'?
                                That helped, I'm at least getting music with the WAV setting at the lowest sampling rate; using higher rates and it's back to noise. Not sure if the issue is with my DAC, supposed to work up to 96Khz or Asset. Customer support from SimAudio, (I'm using a Moon180 streamer) implied that Asset may be corrupting the higher rate stream. I don't have a easy, readily available way to tell.

Note changing the sampling rate 48Khz, 88, 96, doesn't take affect without restarting Asset; apply settings isn't sufficient to complete the change. This is confusing as some config changes do initiate a restart and others don't.

Comment

Working...

]]>