title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asset 4.6.3 for QNAP not working

Asset 4.6.3 for QNAP not working

I have just intalled Asset 4.6.3 in QNAP ts-409 and it's not working. I try to connect to the Asset configuration web page and I get connection refused from the browser.

Previous version I had was working correctly.

Administrator

Re: Asset 4.6.3 for QNAP not working

Try uninstalling Asset, reboot qnap then reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try uninstalling Asset, reboot qnap then reinstall.
    I tried but the error is still there. Where can I get previous version? I can't work at the moment

Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that it is not working for you.

What was the last version that did work correctly? 4.6, 4.6.1 or some older release? Was it before we made it a single QPKG for all QNAP models ( so you had to pick the correct QPKG for your unit ) ?

Can you please try uninstalling, redownloading the QPKG file from us and installing it again, in case the download got corrupted somehow?

For reference, Asset R4.6.3 has been verified working on TS-109, TS-259 and TS-469; I don't have direct access to other models.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Sorry to hear that it is not working for you.

What was the last version that did work correctly? 4.6, 4.6.1 or some older release? Was it before we made it a single QPKG for all QNAP models ( so you had to pick the correct QPKG for your unit ) ?

Can you please try uninstalling, redownloading the QPKG file from us and installing it again, in case the download got corrupted somehow?

For reference, Asset R4.6.3 has been verified working on TS-109, TS-259 and TS-469; I don't have direct access to other models.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled and the problem didn't solve. The version that was working was the one active the 9/16/2015 that was the day I did the order. It was a single QPKG for all models. Can you please send me that one or can I download from some place?

FWIW, I have updated a TS-421 (on QTS 4.2.0) from Asset 4.6 to 4.6.3 and it's working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKJ View Post
    FWIW, I have updated a TS-421 (on QTS 4.2.0) from Asset 4.6 to 4.6.3 and it's working correctly.
    The system in the ts 421 is totally different to mine. The ts-409 is much older. I only want the older version to be able to hear music again untill the problem is solved. My error was to delete the older version from the hard Drive. Las time i do it

Administrator

Personal message sent.

Super Moderator

Problem is being investigated.
    Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this on my TS-109; updated firmware to 3.3.3, made a full system reset then reinstalled Asset and it works...
    I'll look out for someone having a TS-409 unit for sale so I can research this further, but until then giving you an old version is the best we can do :\

Edit: spoke too soon, it broke down on my TS-109 now as well, so there's hope yet
    I'll get back to you as soon as there's something to test.
    Last edited by PeterP; 12-28-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Hello, works fine on a TS-251+

Super Moderator

I've redone our development chain a bit during the past week and here's the result:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset_4.6.3_trial.qpkg
    This is R4.6.3 codebase rebuilt with a different compiler, using cross compilation instead of buggy and badly supported compilation on actual QNAP devices which we did before.
    Verified working on TS-109 after full wipe of a device. Though QPKG installation panel first said that it failed to install, but Asset was running and reloading the QPKG page did show the QPKG as installed.

Like with beta updates, if you upgrade from a registered version, it will act as a registered version instead of trial.

I hope that helps. I'm waiting to hear from you if it now works on the problematic TS-409 unit.

PS.
    While at it, I'd like to warn anybody running old QNAP units with 3.x firmware.... neither "system reset" nor "format volume" did actually wipe data or kill programs launched over SSH terminals on my TS-109 unit.... only taking the HDD out and wiping it externally did wipe the device entirely. Always use a real PC for wiping hard drives before selling or otherwise disposing of them.
    Last edited by PeterP; 01-02-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    I've redone our development chain a bit during the past week and here's the result:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset_4.6.3_trial.qpkg
    This is R4.6.3 codebase rebuilt with a different compiler, using cross compilation instead of buggy and badly supported compilation on actual QNAP devices which we did before.
    Verified working on TS-109 after full wipe of a device. Though QPKG installation panel first said that it failed to install, but Asset was running and reloading the QPKG page did show the QPKG as installed.

Like with beta updates, if you upgrade from a registered version, it will act as a registered version instead of trial.

I hope that helps. I'm waiting to hear from you if it now works on the problematic TS-409 unit.

PS.
    While at it, I'd like to warn anybody running old QNAP units with 3.x firmware.... neither "system reset" nor "format volume" did actually wipe data or kill programs launched over SSH terminals on my TS-109 unit.... only taking the HDD out and wiping it externally did wipe the device entirely. Always use a real PC for wiping hard drives before selling or otherwise disposing of them.

I have installed this trial, and it works!!!! I installed without removing the previous version that was working (version 4.3) and I can access now to the configuration page. The problem is that it says trial version, not registered. but if you update the official version to this one I will download the registered version.

thank you very much for your support

I have installed the beta you have prepared, and it works!!! I have installed over the 4.3 version and worked OK. No errors when installing.

The only point is that in the configuration page it read trial version and not registered version.

Thank you for the support

Super Moderator

Strange that it did not pick registration info from the old version, not sure what went wrong.
    Please check your private message box, I've sent you a link to a registered R4.6.3 with the fix.

This is very strange. I have installed the registered version you have sent and it doesn't work. I had to remove it and install again the trial. it seems that the problem is related to the registered version.