title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ...CD Ripper Cannot locate Metadata - Windows Media Player locates metadata

...CD Ripper Cannot locate Metadata - Windows Media Player locates metadata

Hi

i loaded a CD in my PC.
    Windows Media Player immediately located and loaded the metadata.

i launched CD Ripper - there is no meta data.
    What can i do to locate and load the meta data?

Many Thanks for your help - Ethan

Administrator

Re: ...CD Ripper Cannot locate Metadata - Windows Media Player locates metadata

If it is a single cd that has no metadata, this can be expected - there are 2 million unique CDs in existence, and there are some that dBpoweramp has, yet Windows Media Player would not have.

You would have to manually type the information.

Thank you for your response

Windows media found the metadata

what can i do to get dbpoweramp to do the same?

Administrator

WMP uses its own database, no other program can access it.

Thanks - no worries - i entered the data - it was pretty quick

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ethan417 View Post
    Thanks - no worries - i entered the data - it was pretty quick
    I have in the past had a multi-disk compilation CD where the metadata is not found in dbpa. This would take a lot of typing. So I simply ripped the CDs to mp3 in itunes (or you could use WMP) where the metadata was found. Then I ripped in dbpa without caring about the metadata (titles are track1, track2, etc.). Then load up the mp3s with metadata in mp3tag program, select all, right click, the select "copy tags". Then load up the dbpa rips in correct track order, then select all, right click and select "paste tags". Hit save. Done!

Thank you

i located the CD in Amazon
    copied and pasted the song list directly into CD Ripper - one song at a time - it was pretty quick
    the added plus was that i was able to grab the artwork as well

Quote Originally Posted by ethan417 View Post
    Thank you

i located the CD in Amazon
    copied and pasted the song list directly into CD Ripper - one song at a time - it was pretty quick
    the added plus was that i was able to grab the artwork as well
    A program like Mp3tag would help you. Rip the cd without meta data in dbpoweramp, then use Mp3tag to add tags from amazon or discogs database.