title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can dBpoweramp for Mac burn audio CD's from stored FLAC files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KDubuisson
    • Dec 2015

Can dBpoweramp for Mac burn audio CD's from stored FLAC files?

I'm new to dBpoweramp for Mac and I have a question: can the software burn an audio CD from stored FLAC files that were previously ripped from a CD? What I want to do is create an audio CD that is an exact copy of the original (basically I use my huge FLAC library on my CD server for backup copies of my audio CD's; if they ever get scratched, I can recreate them ... and, yes, this is allowed under music licensing since I actually purchased the original CD).

I used to have a utility that did that for me when I still had a Windows partition, but, I got rid of Windows and am trying to do everything on my Mac, now.

Any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kenny
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can dBpoweramp for Mac burn audio CD's from stored FLAC files?

dBpoweramp for Mac cannot write CDs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KDubuisson
      • Dec 2015

Re: Can dBpoweramp for Mac burn audio CD's from stored FLAC files?

Thanks for your reply. I ended up finding a free tool called "Burn" that I installed on my Mac and it handles it easily, so I'll just have to burn my CD's outside of dBpoweramp.

Not sure if you work on dBpoweramp or not, so I'll just share this: in my week of using the software, these would be my wishes:

1) Burn CD's from stored FLAC files.
      2) In the Settings, to be able to replace an illegal character with a string instead of only one character.
      3) Be able to set which tags to import when scanning from the online databases; the others remain blank and not used (so I don't have to delete all the extra tags I don't care about before ripping).

Besides that, the software is fantastic ... the best I've ever tried on a Mac. Thanks again,
      Kenny

Comment

Working...

]]>