title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Adding custom tags

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Adding custom tags

I have a custom Subgenre tag in my FLAC files that I want to use with Asset. I saw the sticky about doing this, but it goes back to 2009 and no longer seems to work. I cannot find the registry value or the MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt file that are referred to in the sticky. I am able to add Subgenre as a new container in the advanced options, but the list is empty when I select it in Asset after restarting (it should contain several entries like Concerto, Symphony, etc.). I am using Win7. Thank for any help!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Adding custom tags

Which version of Asset UPnP is installed? Is Win7, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Most recent Asset (5.1); Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit.

dBpoweramp Guru

If your Asset Running Mode is Local Account, go to:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary

Locate MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt in the above folder and open it.

Add the following line:
    subgenre,0,NVARCHAR(50)

at the end of the file and save MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt.

Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All

I think that's it.

... If your Asset Running Mode is Service, then the location of the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt differs from the example given here.
    Last edited by mville; 12-21-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Asset Running Mode reference

Thank you, mville -- that worked (I did have to restart Asset as well as rescanning, but that's not surprising). The only issue is that when I select Subgenre, I get a very long list with every individual file rather than seeing one entry per album (from which I could open an album and select individual tracks as desired). Any solution for this?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    The only issue is that when I select Subgenre, I get a very long list with every individual file rather than seeing one entry per album (from which I could open an album and select individual tracks as desired). Any solution for this?
    Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Browse Tree

Select the Subgenre node/container and tick the No Track Listing option.

Also, configure the child container(s) for Subgenre as you desire e.g. Album Artist / Album with the A to Z and No Track Listing options ticked. You may have tweak these child containers to get the display options exactly right for you.

After you make a change to the Browse Tree, restart Asset before viewing to reflect the change(s).

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    If your Asset Running Mode is Local Account, go to:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary

Locate MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt in the above folder and open it.

Add the following line:
    subgenre,0,NVARCHAR(50)

at the end of the file and save MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt.

Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All

I think that's it.

... If your Asset Running Mode is Service, then the location of the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt differs from the example given here.
    Hello guys. I am trying to do the same thing with the "Grouping" tag. I have modified the .txt file with"Grouping,0,NVARCHAR(50)" line, Refreshed all, but still don't see it as a possible selection when I try to create a new container. not sure what I'm missing here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jwr31 View Post
    Hello guys. I am trying to do the same thing with the "Grouping" tag. I have modified the .txt file with"Grouping,0,NVARCHAR(50)" line, Refreshed all, but still don't see it as a possible selection when I try to create a new container. not sure what I'm missing here. Any suggestions?
    You don't get the custom tag e.g. Grouping, in the Container list, so you can't select it. Just type Grouping in the container text box.