title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Popup Info error: "provides audio information for dbpoweramp"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Popup Info error: "provides audio information for dbpoweramp"

This started up a few days ago. Unfortunately I don't know why but it's been a little frustrating as it's a quick-access feature I use often.

I started receiving error popups when starting Windows with the heading:

"provides audio information for dbpoweramp"

The error popup would appear 2 or 4 times. I then realised that the dBpoweramp popup info (when you hover mouse over audio files) was replaced with an error stating:

"Error: decoder appears to have frozen, corrupt audio file?"

and the 'Audio Properties' tab in the file properties (right-click on audio file > Properties) is now empty. The only field which is populated is the 'Original Size' field stating '0 bytes' regardless of which file I try it on. I know these errors are related to the 'Windows Explorer Integration' settings in dBpoweramp Configuration, but rather than simply turn the 'Enable Popup Info Tips' setting off, I want to know if this is going to be fixed properly at all? In my line of work viewing the audio file attributes is very useful and used every day.

Here's a screen shot showing the error:

dBpoweramp error.jpg

Any help regarding the dBpoweramp popup info issue would be awesome though, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mdr; 12-19-2015 at 12:09 AM.