title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

24/96 flac conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebfitz
    • Dec 2015

24/96 flac conversion problem

I have a handful of 24/96 ALAC files that I recently converted to flac using dbPA.. however flac tester shows all these tracks as erroneous.

Example
    D:\FLAC\David Bowie\The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust\01 Five Years.flac...FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_UNPARSEABLE_STRE AM
    1 files, 1 errors [1]

The files still play in foobar and poweramp on my phone just fine.

My question is, are these files fine and just failing MD5 because reasons? Or should I have decoded ALAC to WAV before recoding to flac?

Thanks in advance for any help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 24/96 flac conversion problem

It is not an md5 error, but some fundamental read error, however if the files decode in other programs it suggests the files are ok, perhaps the error is in the flac tester program.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ebfitz
      • Dec 2015

Thanks for reply ... They decode just fine. I was curious and ripped a few cds in itunes(ALAC 16/44.1) then used db to transcode to flac... all came back no error.. It seems only 24bit return this error. Like you suggest, may be tester..

Comment

• ebfitz
        • Dec 2015

I am going to decode the ALAC to wave and recode to flac and see what happens. I will check for flac ui update to tester. As well I have access to original 24bit flac that the alac were made from. If interested I can post my results from alac-wav-flac conversion as well as test results from original source...

Comment

Working...

]]>