title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

edit tags to get album art STOPPED WORKING--what am i doing wrong??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdanoff
    • Dec 2015

edit tags to get album art STOPPED WORKING--what am i doing wrong??

I have a hi res player, and both download flac files and also pull over lossless files from cds. on the files pulled over, sometimes the music tracks are there but no album art. using this program on a trial basis, on the hi res player I used to be able to open up the album, highlight all the tracks, right click and get to "edit tags," click on add album art, follow the prompts to add album art, do so, click ok, and it was saved so that on my hi res player, the album art was present. I noticed that when doing this, it took a bit of time after clicking ok before the program closed. THIS PROCEDURE STOPPED WORKING, EVEN AFTER DOWNLOADING THE PAID VERSION. Once I go through the steps and the album art is in place, when I click OK the program closes very quickly, and sometimes the album art is saved an sometimes not--but regardless, it does not show up on my hi res player. Because the program closes so quickly after I hit OK, it obviously is not taking the time to save the jpeg like it used to. Why has this suddenly stopped working?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: edit tags to get album art STOPPED WORKING--what am i doing wrong??

Try on some files you have previously tagged (and it worked) to test if it still can write the art for those files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdanoff
      • Dec 2015

Thanks for responding and for the suggestion. Not a first choice to remove album art if I can't replace it, but I can try if no other option.

Comment

• mdanoff
        • Dec 2015

Hi.
        I did try with one--deleted and I was able to reload it. The problem is, not sure if it is one that I originally had to load manually. Just not sure which ones those were. Regardless, it simply does not work any more in a variety of situations, whether CD files I pulled over or new downloads. I thought maybe my trial period was over and that was the problem, but now I am out about $60 and it still does not work. Any thoughts about what I could be doing differently or what I might be doing wrong? Is there a file anywhere with instructions for this? I'm not even sure which of the three programs I downloaded and for which I have icons is the one that does the tagging. Thanks again.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Run Configure dBpoweramp and it reports the version number of dBpoweramp you have, to check you are on the latest.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdanoff
            • Dec 2015

I have 15.3.
            All so weird--was working fine, even before the paid version--until it suddenly stopped working. When it was working, it took some time to save the cover art. Now when I finish up, it takes about 2 seconds before the program closes--for some reason, the cover art no longer is embedding.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Please upload one of the files to dropbox and personal message me the link, so I can try to tag.

(I only need one file, check it crashes by selecting that file only >> right click >> edit id tag)
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdanoff
                • Dec 2015

what is your email address??

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

On this page:

Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdanoff
                    • Dec 2015

sent

BTW, I had the exact same problem with the temporary version of the program (before paying--and still have the same problem) on two different desktop PCs in two different locations--if that means anything.
                    Last edited by Spoon; 12-15-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• mdanoff
                      • Dec 2015

Sent earlier today.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

I am able to add art to the file without issue, there are 3 possibilities, if you can try R16 Beta from:

dBpoweramp's continued evolution, it is expected that R16 will release in Q3 2016. It is not possible to purchase R16 at this time, and on release previous R15 purchases within 4 weeks of the release date will be automatically upgraded to R16. R16 will contain mainly UI changes, usability and feature updates. Installation

It will ensure you have the same codecs as me.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

BTW your first message indicates that you are tagging FLAC files, yet you sent me a m4a file, it does not work for m4a and flac?
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdanoff
                            • Dec 2015

Thanks so much again for all the time you are putting into this. Downloaded the latest file. Tried to get album art into a flac file that already showed album art when I opened the tags, but which did not show up on the player. as an experiment, deleted the album art when in your tagging mode, and reloaded a jpeg. that worked. maybe it was still in there, don't know. regardless, nothing else worked with mp3, flac or dsd.

Comment

• mdanoff
                              • Dec 2015

Hi, Spoon.
                              I stopped hearing from you. You said there were three possible solutions. HERE IS AN UPDATE. Sometimes it works now and sometimes it does not. I assume DSD never will work, but FLAC downloaded plus lossless files pulled over from my desktop should work? I have had intermittent luck with downloaded FLAC and lossless files pulled over from my PC. I can't begin to understand why most of the time it fails but occasionally works.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>