title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSD files transcoded as WAV24/96 !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSD files transcoded as WAV24/96 !

It needs to be 'as is single' for dsd and dsf.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Laurent69
      • Dec 2015

got it ! my DAC now indicates a DSD flow !

Strangely, Bubble control point do not show 2.8 Mhz , as with Minimserver or Synology Upnp server, but just '96 Khz' with no more WAV reference.

Comment

• MikeyFresh
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
        It needs to be 'as is single' for dsd and dsf.
        Good evening and Happy New Year to all!

I am having the exact problem described in this thread and despite having changed my configuration for .dsf files to "As is single", they are still being played as 24/96 PCM, and are also fraught with stuttering/pops/clicks and seem to be playing back at the wrong speed (slow).

This only happens with the BubbleUPnP app as the control point, both Kazoo and mConnect can play these .dsf files on my Asset server with no issues.

Strangely, the BubbleUPnP app didn't have this same issue when playing these same .dsf files from a JRiver server, where they display as 176.4kHz (DoP) and the DAC's sample rate LEDs indicate DSD playback.

What am I doing wrong in AssetUPnP on Raspberry Pi3?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• MikeyFresh
          • Dec 2016

I'll reply to my own post above and say this is now resolved although I'm not exactly sure why.

After setting both M4A and MP4 files to stream as WAV, and then another rescan, all is well and those .dsf files are now showing playback as 352.8kHz (DoP), and the DAC's indicator LED shows it's playing DSD.

Thanks again, I've always liked Asset on my MacBook Air and now loving R5.1 both there, and especially on the RPi3 as a perfectly viable "leave on" at all times server thats accessible when the Mac is shut down or undergoing a software update etc.

GREAT stuff, with the .dsf file type support for DSD playback now icing on the cake.

Please keep up the great work!

Happy New Year from New York!
          Last edited by MikeyFresh; 01-01-2017, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>