title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Import missing Title-information via txt.file or via clipboard

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • candyman09
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Import missing Title-information via txt.file or via clipboard

I've read an older thread (2014) in this forum here where a similar question was discussed and the answer was that in CDripper you have to copy/paste title by title, line by line... In 2014 you stated, that this will not be included.

Well, there often is a CD (very new or seldom or whatever) with absolutely no TAG information in the known and used internet databases. What to do...?? Often you can find title information for tagging somerwhere else, or even at Amazon or at other internet shops. Making a setlist out of that information is easy, and now you want to use it as easy as possible for CDripper, I mean copy/paste the complete list for an album/CD (ExactAudioCopy CAN, sorry) .... is there actually an option in the latest version or will there be a chance for it in the near future ?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Import missing Title-information via txt.file or via clipboard

Originally posted by candyman09
    I've read an older thread (2014) in this forum here where a similar question was discussed and the answer was that in CDripper you have to copy/paste title by title, line by line... In 2014 you stated, that this will not be included.

Well, there often is a CD (very new or seldom or whatever) with absolutely no TAG information in the known and used internet databases. What to do...?? Often you can find title information for tagging somerwhere else, or even at Amazon or at other internet shops. Making a setlist out of that information is easy, and now you want to use it as easy as possible for CDripper, I mean copy/paste the complete list for an album/CD (ExactAudioCopy CAN, sorry) .... is there actually an option in the latest version or will there be a chance for it in the near future ?
    The only success I ever had in this area was to use the now unsupported cdplayer.ini, where I was able to add/edit track artist and track title using the cdplayer.ini format and import the data using the Meta menu dropdown >> Clear Metadata option, followed by the Meta menu dropdown >> Retrieve From >> cdplayer.ini option.

Although quite fiddly at first, surprisingly, this method is still working in dBpoweramp Music Converter R15.3.

Comment

• candyman09
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

Thanks, I'm gonna try that... seems a little bit tricky though ...

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by candyman09
        Thanks, I'm gonna try that... seems a little bit tricky though ...
        It is tricky.

You'll first need to insert a CD, then eject it immediately (CDRipper will write to the cdplayer.ini on eject). Then, search your system for the cdplayer.ini (on my Windows 8.1 64-bit PC, cdplayer.ini is found in C:\Windows).

Next, you can open cdplayer.ini in notepad, search for the section containing your CD and edit and save. Then you should be able to re-insert your CD and import as advised earlier.

Comment

• candyman09
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2014

Thanks for the hints... !

Comment

Working...

]]>