title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track number offset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Track number offset

In track number offset a continuation from 100 to include 200, 300 etc. up to 1000 would be very helpful. Thanks.
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Re: Track number offset

Originally posted by Oggy
    In track number offset a continuation from 100 to include 200, 300 etc. up to 1000 would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Never had any needs for the -ve numbers - until today! Ripped a "twofer" back into the original albums and hitting -10 was incredibly useful. The more you use CD Ripper, the more accomplished you realise it is.

Would still find the addition of 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, after the 100 in track number offset useful, and a time saving feature for multi CD compilations.

Any chance? Thank you.
    Last edited by Oggy; 02-13-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey Oggy,

just a question for my undertanding: what is the advantage of those high numbers in offsets versus the posibility to integrate the discs numbers in the naming?

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dat Ei
        Hey Oggy,

just a question for my undertanding: what is the advantage of those high numbers in offsets versus the posibility to integrate the discs numbers in the naming?

Dat Ei
        I was wondering exactly the same thing i.e. why not use a combination of disc number and track number.

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mville
          I was wondering exactly the same thing i.e. why not use a combination of disc number and track number.
          Can you do that just for compilations? If so that would make life much easier - it is only compilations that I join and put into a single folder. Thanks.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Can you do that just for compilations? If so that would make life much easier - it is only compilations that I join and put into a single folder. Thanks.
            Yes. In fact, it is what I do for all my albums, not just compilations. So, I'm able to have a single folder for each album.
            Last edited by mville; 02-13-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey Oggy,

yes, you can indeed.

Here is my naming scheme:

Code:
              [IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist, - [],[IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]
              As long as you watch out and check the number of the disc in the metadata review, you will be fine.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Oggy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                Hey Oggy,

yes, you can indeed.

Here is my naming scheme:

Code:
                [IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist, - [],[IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]
                As long as you watch out and check the number of the disc in the metadata review, you will be fine.

Dat Ei
                Cheers Dat Ei,

I will gave a go at a comp. later - I've always struggled with naming schemes, but that looks great.

I know there has been loads of posts and info about naming schemes over the years, but if there were a few pages of options with a full description of what the scheme does - at a level aimed at the computer illerate, this would be extremely useful for many.

Once again the level of knowledge and support for this great produce never ceases to amaze me.
                Last edited by Oggy; 02-13-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

if there were a few pages of options with a full description of what the scheme does - at a level aimed at the computer illerate, this would be extremely useful for many.
                  Have a look at dBpoweramp Naming.

Comment

• Oggy
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mville
                    Have a look at dBpoweramp Naming.
                    Thanks, I have read it and still struggled! I had to help a colleague at work with a naming scheme, and I'm not that computer savvy. I think that for anyone who is comfortable with naming strings, that it is not easy for them to understand others struggles, but having spoken to a couple of other users, they would get even more out of the product, with better naming schemes.

How about an extra page added to what is already there along the lines " this is my naming scheme (exact code) and it achieves this ..... (full explanation) ". Sure my colleagues and me can't be the only ones who struggle with this. Cheers!

Comment

• mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008

Thanks, I have read it and still struggled! I had to help a colleague at work with a naming scheme, and I'm not that computer savvy. I think that for anyone who is comfortable with naming strings, that it is not easy for them to understand others struggles, but having spoken to a couple of other users, they would get even more out of the product, with better naming schemes.

How about an extra page added to what is already there along the lines " this is my naming scheme (exact code) and it achieves this ..... (full explanation) ". Sure my colleagues and me can't be the only ones who struggle with this. Cheers!
                      Yes, the naming functions can be difficult to understand. Your best bet is to continue to ask here in the forum.

Comment

Working...

]]>