title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot install DBP R15.3 on Laptop running Windows Vista Business

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mignun67
    • Dec 2015

Cannot install DBP R15.3 on Laptop running Windows Vista Business

As per the title, since losing the drive in my old eeebox, I have resuscitated my old Toshiba laptop to use as a general music/ripping machine, reinstalled Windows Vista Business, run all the updates etc. and downloaded DBpoweramp R15.3. My difficulty is that it refuses to install. Double clicking or running it just gives a blink and then as if nothing happened. I have tried double clicking while holding down the right shift key and also tried from RUN with --force32bit on the end, but again it just blinks once and nothing.

I'm beginning to tear my hair out. DBpoweramp installed just fine on Vista Basic when I bought it back in March. What am I doing wrong? Is this incompatible with Vista Business? Do I need to re-register to allow installation?

Any help much appreciated, thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot install DBP R15.3 on Laptop running Windows Vista Business

See:

There have been many reports that the recent security update KB3057839 to Windows Vista is breaking dBpoweramp (CD Ripper and Batch Converter will not show). We have not been able to reproduce this issue locally, however it has been found that functionality can be restored by either: 1) Uninstall the update KB3057839 or 2)

It affects the installer also.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mignun67
      • Dec 2015

Thank you. Yes, I read this thread earlier and checked to see whether update KB3057839 was installed. It's not there.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have a fully patched machine, it is installed, everyone gets it (I am 99% certain).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mignun67
          • Dec 2015

It has been downloading and installing updates for a few days now and yesterday evening it finally informed me there were no more updates. However, I just checked and there's another update, so maybe it's not yet finished after all...

Do it take it that DBpoweramp will not install unless all up to date patches are installed (apart from the aforementioned KB3057839)?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mignun67
            It has been downloading and installing updates for a few days now and yesterday evening it finally informed me there were no more updates. However, I just checked and there's another update, so maybe it's not yet finished after all...

Do it take it that DBpoweramp will not install unless all up to date patches are installed (apart from the aforementioned KB3057839)?
            If Windows states no more update available, restart the PC and check for updates again. Repeat this process, until you get no more updates available after a restart.

Comment

• Mignun67
              • Dec 2015

Thank you both. This evening it looked like the 4 day update marathon might have reached a proper conclusion. So I went to try an install of dbpoweramp, and... success! Phew....

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mignun67
                Thank you both. This evening it looked like the 4 day update marathon might have reached a proper conclusion. So I went to try an install of dbpoweramp, and... success! Phew....
                Great!! Glad it is now working for you.

Comment

Working...

]]>