title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

Spoon,

Beta 11 -
    1) There is no way to know if the Meta Lookup is still running. I've run into this wall several times now. I have 9 copies of cd ripper running (9 cd drives) disks loaded into them, I work through them 1 at a time to check meta and artwork. I am clicking Review Perfect Meta Matches and nothing happens. If it got CD-TEXT then there is data and it may only need a couple of tweaks (Genre, album artist) this I click rip and THEN a window pops up with WAITING FOR META LOOKUP. Any chance of having some indication that the meta lookup is still running? On some of these disks it has taken several minutes to complete the lookup. I'm doing this at work and have a major internet pipe available, and it's 3am MST so really quiet. How about the popup for WAITING FOR META showing up from start of lookup until completed?

2) CD-TEXT genre is still not decoding the first record correctly. I get a BOX (0x0000) in the genre field.

Thanks.

Administrator

The refresh button stays down whilst getting metadata (if your version does not the release will).

Also I have fixed the genre code, full release is a day or so away.

dBpoweramp Guru

From my experience, the slow responder for the metadata search is usually MusicBrainz. Since they rarely have metadata for my mostly Caribbean music and take anywhere from a few seconds to never in responding to a search, I usually turn them off. Too bad, because when they do have data, its often the most accurate. I'm pretty sure the issue is with MusicBrainz server, not dBPoweramp, it's been an issue for months now.

I really wish that the dBPoweramp search routine hat the option to set a timeout on the search, so for instance I could configure it to give up after 10 seconds or whatever time I chose, instead of hanging the program as it does now.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Same problem with MusicBrainz, it's a pity ...