title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

Hello Spoon,

I am really enjoying dBpoweramp R16 so far, particularly the updated user interface.

I do have a bug to report:

When entering metadata for a disc that currently has none via the track listing area, the artist is not correctly updated - it is shown in the track listing window but not in the top toolbar and when ripping, the track artist is not assigned. This can be easily duplicated by clearing the metadata for a disc then entering the metadata via the track listing area for a couple of tracks, then click on the first and observe that there is no artist shown in the top toolbar, then rip the track and observe that the track is not assigned the artist.

I also have an improvement suggestion:

When entering metadata via the track listing area, I have noticed that the behaviour is to advance to the next field as shown in the track listing window when pressing enter, though since I prefer to enter all of the track titles then enter all of the track artists, I would prefer that enter advanced to the same field for the next track - perhaps this could be an option? I have noticed that using the down arrow appears to achieve this, however only if the field is not modified, if the field is modified, using down arrow advances to the next field for the track instead. I have also noticed some apparent random behaviour when using the arrow keys to navigate within a field but cannot seem to duplicate this behaviour sufficiently.

Cheers,

Jason.

dBpoweramp Guru

Linkman,

A lot of the reason for using dBPoweramp is because it comes as close to guaranteeing your rips are good as possible. I had ripped close to 2000 CD's to m4a, using, at various times, Itunes and Winamp. Better than 5% of the albums had at least one bad rip, and I wouldn't find out until I listened to the whole album. So I am reripping those CD's, in addition to the ones I hadn't ripped, all to FLAC as well as m4a, using dBPoweramp. Gracenote had a pretty small percentage of the Soca releases in its database, I submitted data for many of the CD's I ripped with Winamp. AMG is the only database I've found with a substantial number of the Soca/Calypso CD's entered.

If Spoon isn't going to develop an interface to work with the new AMG database (which I assume will contain all the entries in the old database, just in a different format) I wish he would provide some handles so a user could develop his/her own software interface to work with other databases, either private or Internet based. I realize that there may be serious business considerations involved in dropping AMG, as there are in using or not using other online databases. However that should not stop individuals from developing their own interfaces, if they are able to license personal use of non-supported databases.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

SPOON,

I installed 16.9 over 16.8, 16.8 was writing meta data into ripped tracks. 16.9 IS NOT WRITING META DATA IN TRACKS. I have 10 albums, All but two had lookups from different sources, two I had to type in NONE of them have any Meta data them, I did not change any settings between 16.8 and 16.9, I DO NOT have Disable Tag Writing checked (I just check that). The only tags in the files are Replay gain tags, not even the album art is there. I'm dropping back to 16.8.

Additional:

I installed 16.8 over 16.9 and now it all works again, I re-ripped the same albums and the meta data is now in the files.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmulree View Post
    Hello Spoon,

I am really enjoying dBpoweramp R16 so far, particularly the updated user interface.

When entering metadata for a disc that currently has none via the track listing area, the artist is not correctly updated - it is shown in the track listing window but not in the top toolbar and when ripping, the track artist is not assigned. This can be easily duplicated by clearing the metadata for a disc then entering the metadata via the track listing area for a couple of tracks, then click on the first and observe that there is no artist shown in the top toolbar, then rip the track and observe that the track is not assigned the artist.

When entering metadata via the track listing area, I have noticed that the behaviour is to advance to the next field as shown in the track listing window when pressing enter, though since I prefer to enter all of the track titles then enter all of the track artists, I would prefer that enter advanced to the same field for the next track - perhaps this could be an option? I have noticed that using the down arrow appears to achieve this, however only if the field is not modified, if the field is modified, using down arrow advances to the next field for the track instead. I have also noticed some apparent random behaviour when using the arrow keys to navigate within a field but cannot seem to duplicate this behaviour sufficiently.

Cheers,

Jason.
    Last edited by MTWolf; 04-27-2016 at 03:56 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MTWolf View Post
    SPOON,

I installed 16.9 over 16.8, 16.8 was writing meta data into ripped tracks. 16.9 IS NOT WRITING META DATA IN TRACKS. I have 10 albums, All but two had lookups from different sources, two I had to type in NONE of them have any Meta data them, I did not change any settings between 16.8 and 16.9, I DO NOT have Disable Tag Writing checked (I just check that). The only tags in the files are Replay gain tags, not even the album art is there. I'm dropping back to 16.8.

Additional:

I installed 16.8 over 16.9 and now it all works again, I re-ripped the same albums and the meta data is now in the files.
    Same here: installed 16 Beta 9 over registered 15 today, ripped one album to FLAC, not a single tag written to the files. I changed the disc 1/2 entry before ripping but otherwise no intervention on my part.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon,

BTW when you reorganized the Year, Genre, Composer fields, you didn't fix the TAB order. It goes from Year to Composer and skips over Genre.

Administrator

There will be an update next week to sort out the metadata issue.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Beta 10 64bit

> Missing track numbers. (see Attached Image)
    > Tray will eject but not return when button is used.
    > CD ripper window isn't remembering its last used position after restart.

Win7 64bit fully updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

What DPI is your windows set to? the missing track numbers are just the column is not wide enough. Right click on one of the column headers >> 'Default Columns'
    Last edited by Spoon; 05-10-2016 at 04:55 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yep. It was column spacing.

That's one off the list.

Question Re: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by jsmulree View Post
    Hello Spoon,

Cheers,

Jason.
    Hello Spoon,

Any chance you could look into my bug report and improvement suggestion?

Thank you for such a wonderful product

Cheers,

Jason.

Administrator

Fixed for next update

Thumbs up Re: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Fixed for next update
    Awesome!

Hi Spoon, I have R14.4 Registered Reference installed on Win10 64bit. Been using R16 beta for a couple of weeks now (beginning with Beta 6, then 9 and now 10) but it suddenly says Trial expired. When I open R14.4 it says "Registered Reference" and all is good, but R16 Beta 10 says trial expired and spits out any CD I try to rip.

I thought R16 Beta can be installed over any paid release? Can it only be installed over R15?

dBpoweramp Guru

I guess your R14.4 is a 32bit and your R16 is a 64bit installation.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Beta 10: If I change the Path to rip to the Filename column doesn't update accordingly even if I change the Naming scheme. It does, however, when I click on Rip, as well as ripping to the right location