title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: dBpoweramp R16 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What was the exact naming used? output folder, encoder and settings please. What type of log was set to write (Complete, etc, what path was set for the log)?
    Report contents: Complete
    [rippedtopath]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album].txt

Naming
    [album artist] - [album] [[year]]\[track]. [title]

This setup works with all lossy formats. The lossless formats and cue image it's not making any txt reports.

Yes, I'm facing the same problem for ages too. Copying and pasting log text to file manually.

Administrator

Strange I not able to trigger this one, here is what I try:

rip to: Flac
    path: C:\test\
    naming: [album artist] - [album] [[year]]\[track]. [title]

secure rip: set to complete log and [rippedtopath]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album].txt

I rip just track 1 and the log is created. If you can try exactly the settings I have here please.

Did with exactly the same settings except that I'm using rip to CUE single file image. Log is not created. Ripping to FLAC directly - log is created. The culprit is CUE sheet utility

Hi

I'm trying to test R16, but it seems that it will only work as the non-reference version (so only FreeDB lookup etc). In the past when I've tried the betas, the install has recognised my currently installed Reference version and made the beta install as Reference too accordingly. Is this because my existing version is 32bit and the beta is 64bit, and if so, is there a workaround?

Many thanks.

Administrator

You can force the 32 bit version to install, uninstall all dBpoweramp programs, then install your registered, then install the beta forced to 32 bit (hold the right shift key whilst double click the install exe).

dBpoweramp Guru

Is the change in the ReplayGain DSP re. Disc Number, a selectable option or is it fixed?

Is the change in ReplayGain re. Disc Number also reflected in the latest ReplayGain Utility Codec?

Can you give an example of the Naming [REPLACE] function?

Administrator

It is not an option, so is always on. The Utility Codec has not been updated (yet).

Replace:

[REPLACE]abc,123,[artist][]

This would replace 'abc' with 123 if it appeared in the artist tag.

dBpoweramp Guru

It is not an option, so is always on. The Utility Codec has not been updated (yet)
    Does this mean that ReplayGain by Album ID Tag is now strictly ReplayGain by Album ID Tag and Disc Number, so I cannot have ReplayGain by Album ID Tag for Discs 1 and 2?

Administrator

If you wanted to blend the discs, then have disc number 1/1 for both and give disc 2 a track offset of +100

dBpoweramp Guru

If you wanted to blend the discs, then have disc number 1/1 for both and give disc 2 a track offset of +100
    This may well work for new rips. What about already ripped audio files, (approx. 100,000 tracks)?

What's the thinking behind adding the Disc Number implementation in ReplayGain. Without a selectable option (the choice to use Disc Number in ReplayGain), this feels like a retrograde step.
    Last edited by mville; 01-28-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Administrator

It is because often multi disc albums are brought together with discs from separate sets, this is often the case with greatest hits multi discs, where disc 3, is actually a disc 1 of a single album. The issue is, on these discs the volumes are no where near for each disc, so a per disc replaygain is correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

But why not an extra option to choose how to handle multi disc albums? Just a simple checkbox! A feature, you can't turn off, is a bug.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

It is because often multi disc albums are brought together with discs from separate sets, this is often the case with greatest hits multi discs, where disc 3, is actually a disc 1 of a single album. The issue is, on these discs the volumes are no where near for each disc, so a per disc replaygain is correct.
    I accept that, but it is not true for all multi-discs sets. So, I agree with Dat Ei and the neatest and complete solution to this problem is to make the ReplayGain by disc number, optional.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is there a limitation as to which Codecs are supported in the R16 Beta?

I've installed it but can unfortunately not convert to anything other then FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC or MP3 (LAME). This is despite having various other codecs installed, including WMA, AAC etc.