title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip Status Inaccurate but CD Driver Can Play

Rip Status Inaccurate but CD Driver Can Play

Hi! I've just purchased the bundle for a few days.
    Ripping status is either accurate or not highlighted until today.
    All the CDs which are legal copies get Rip Status Inaccurate when they're being ripped.
    The CD ROMS work well when I play the songs, though.

If the CD ROM is broken what kind of CD ROM I should buy?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Rip Status Inaccurate but CD Driver Can Play

You posted this in the wrong topic of the forum, this topic is the forum for the CD burner, not ripper. The burner was different software, and isn't actively supported any more.

You need to "calibrate" your drive in the software configuration to determine its offset for Accuraterip to work correctly. This simply involves ripping one(or sometimes several) of many CD's known by Accuraterip while setting to calibrate There are a number of other setup settings you should probably examine. Read: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dBpoweramp/Help/dMC/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm on your system (click on the question mark in red at the top of the ripper page, look for the setup info.) If the offset somehow got mis-set, you can clear it and start again, as I recall you zero out the offset in the secure options page, but haven't had to do it recently so may be wrong on how.

I doubt your drive is bad, it probably is just that Accuraterip isn't calibrated for that drive yet.

Re: Rip Status Inaccurate but CD Driver Can Play

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    You posted this in the wrong topic of the forum, this topic is the forum for the CD burner, not ripper. The burner was different software, and isn't actively supported any more.

You need to "calibrate" your drive in the software configuration to determine its offset for Accuraterip to work correctly. This simply involves ripping one(or sometimes several) of many CD's known by Accuraterip while setting to calibrate There are a number of other setup settings you should probably examine. Read: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dBpoweramp/Help/dMC/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm on your system (click on the question mark in red at the top of the ripper page, look for the setup info.) If the offset somehow got mis-set, you can clear it and start again, as I recall you zero out the offset in the secure options page, but haven't had to do it recently so may be wrong on how.

I doubt your drive is bad, it probably is just that Accuraterip isn't calibrated for that drive yet.
    Thanks a lot! I'm not a software person. I think that I need some time to try it out.