title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Perfect tunes tagging and .dsf files

Perfect tunes tagging and .dsf files

Seems I cannot tag .dsf audio files with Perfect tunes. IDtag explorer menu however will since I have the DSD plug-in, but not in Perfect tunes. Will this feature be included in an update?

Administrator

Re: Perfect tunes tagging and .dsf files

It will do if you copy the decoder DSD SACD.dll from the dBpoweramp decoder folder to the perfecttunes decoder folder.

Thanks Spoon. Problem solved.

Hello, I am having the same problem with tagging .dsf files. I have downloaded dBpoweramp DSD Decoder Release 3, and the DSD SACD.dll file is listed in the decoder directory. However, when I open Pefect Tunes ID Tag, the file shows, but when I click it, nothing shows up. Is there something that I need to do?

Administrator

The latest releases of PerfectTUNES (newer than R3.2) already have dsf tagging abilities.

How do I get a release newer than R3.2. I just looked on the website and did not see a newer version.

Administrator

Sorry I meant, R3.2 (or newer), 3.2 is the current release.

I have the same problem. I have R3.2. I have downloaded dbPoweramp DSD Decoder release 3 in dbPoweramp Control Center. I confirmed that it is there. I still can&*8217;t edit tags for my DSD Files. What&*8217;s wrong? Please advise?

Administrator

Install dBpoweramp R17 (from the testing section of this forum).

Then copy the file 'DSD SACD' from the folder:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder

To:

C:\Program Files\PerfectTUNES\decoder

Thank you!! Problem solved. Of note, re-scanning ("listening") music library after adding DSD files takes much longer (approx. 4 hrs prior to including DSD files and about 14 hrs when these files are also scanned).
    A separate issue: some of my album art is not displayed by my music player (Lumin U2). I suspect this may be due to variations in naming or filing locations of the jpg files. Is there a way to change file names and/or folders for these files in PerfecTunes?

Administrator

Yes the dsd files will be decoded when scanning. You would have to look at a single album, see if have internal or external art, or simply use the Album Art program and manually choose internet art.