title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Writer for MAC?

CD Writer for MAC?

I just got DbPoweramp for ripping and wanted to take some hi-res files and convert to CDa format for burning CD..

Seems the free add-on is only for Windows users?

Any other options?

Thanks! Jeff

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Writer for MAC?

Do you mean CD-R or CD-DA, as the 2 formats are different.

CD-DA or Redbook audio CD is 16-bit, 44.1kHz so you'll need to convert (downsample) your hi-res files and require burning software to write this format, hence your question.

CD-R however, is for standard data CDs, so you can copy your hi-res files to the optical disks, probably natively, from the Mac finder, but I'm not sure on this as I am a windows user.

What device will you be playing the CDs on?

... just a thought, doesn't iTunes for the Mac burn CDs?
    Last edited by mville; 03-03-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: iTunes reference

Re: CD Writer for MAC?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Do you mean CD-R or CD-DA, as the 2 formats are different.

CD-DA or Redbook audio CD is 16-bit, 44.1kHz so you'll need to convert (downsample) your hi-res files and require burning software to write this format, hence your question.

CD-R however, is for standard data CDs, so you can copy your hi-res files to the optical disks, probably natively, from the Mac finder, but I'm not sure on this as I am a windows user.

What device will you be playing the CDs on?

... just a thought, doesn't iTunes for the Mac burn CDs?
    I used dbPowerAmp to downsample the songs to 16/44. I assumed the cd-writer software was for that purpose. Pardon my non-techiness, but ultimatlely i wanted to burn a CD that would play in any standard player. When I tried to just copy the files to a CD-R that did not work. I was able to import the files into itunes as Apple Lossless, and then burn the CD, but I didn't want to do that. I was just assuming I could put a blank CD-R disc and the dbPowerAmp cdwriter would do that.....but since I can't use it, I guess its a moot point. Sorry to bother

Thanks, Jeff