title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

One more word of advice, which is repeated many times in these forums. Do not use Windows Media Player with your audio library. There are potential problems using WMP with album artwork and tags.

Personally, the media player/server software that I use are Asset UPnP and foobar2000.
    Last edited by mville; 12-02-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: software recommendations

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by Staxxx View Post
    Thank you. Will commence on this task. I assume if all the files pass the Test Conversion process they should be fine.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    One more word of advice, which is repeated many times in these forums. Do not use Windows Media Player with your audio library. There are potential problems using WMP with album artwork and tags.
    Could I please ask for some recommendations of what to use in ranking of best sound and stability....Thank you. Free or Paid.

I must mention that this PC does not have a discrete sound card but uses the one that is built into the Haswell i5 chip. It is not my main player (which consist of the Laufer Memory Player) so I am not too bothered about the sound quality, although I would like to have the best I can extract out of it. Especially as I will be streaming to the Naim Muso.
    Last edited by Staxxx; 12-02-2015 at 08:17 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Could I please ask for some recommendations of what to use in ranking of best sound and stability....Thank you. Free or Paid.

I must mention that this PC does not have a discrete sound card but uses the one that is built into the Haswell i5 chip. It is not my main player (which consist of the Laufer Memory Player) so I am not too bothered about the sound quality, although I would like to have the best I can extract out of it. Especially as I will be streaming to the Naim Muso.
    For the PC, use foobar2000 with the foo_out_wasapi component (output device: WASAPI (if supported)).

For streaming, use Asset UPnP. Remember, UPnP/DLNA streaming may not be gapless when streaming to the Naim Muso.
    Last edited by mville; 12-02-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: added gapless caveat

Thank you.

Downloaded Foobar. I recognize this as the skeleton of the Laufer Technik Memory Player which they have heavily modified. If I am not taking too much of your time, may I ask you where can I set the output to transcode all files to WAV on the fly. My files currently are a mix of WAV64, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc. but I would like to play them as Wav when it streams to the Muso and for other devices.

dBpoweramp Guru

Downloaded Foobar. I recognize this as the skeleton of the Laufer Technik Memory Player which they have heavily modified.
    OK, this may well be correct but I am not familiar with the Laufer Technik Memory Player.

If I am not taking too much of your time, may I ask you where can I set the output to transcode all files to WAV on the fly. My files currently are a mix of WAV64, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc. but I would like to play them as Wav when it streams to the Muso and for other devices.
    Sorry, I don't know as I don't use foobar2000 as a streaming server, only as a player (with the foo_out_wasapi component) on my PCs.

There is a forum for foobar2000 here:
    https://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/in...p?showforum=28

dBpoweramp Guru

If I am not taking too much of your time, may I ask you where can I set the output to transcode all files to WAV on the fly. My files currently are a mix of WAV64, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc. but I would like to play them as Wav when it streams to the Muso and for other devices.
    A quick look at the foobar2000 Components and I think you need to install the UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point component for streaming.

Ahhh thank you I also have just added the WASAPI component but I am such a newbie that I have no idea where to select it as the output. I am not even sure I have it installed although I downloaded and ran it

dBpoweramp Guru

Ahhh thank you I also have just added the WASAPI component but I am such a newbie that I have no idea where to select it as the output. I am not even sure I have it installed although I downloaded and ran it
    Preferences >> Components, lists all installed components (look for WASAPI output support)

Preferences >> Playback >> Output >> Device, to select the physical device that the played audio stream is sent to

You're wonderfully helpful! I owe you a dinner!! Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

You're wonderfully helpful! I owe you a dinner!! Thank you.
    No problem.