title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Staxxx
    • Jul 2013

Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

Hello. I just bought the Premium version of uPnP and have started a scan of my library.
    At some point through the scan I get a pop-up window as follows:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
    Application Version: 4.2.0.4
    Application Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
    Fault Module Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
    Fault Module Version: 4.2.0.4
    Fault Module Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
    Exception Code: 40000015
    Exception Offset: 00006f32
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 16393
    Additional Information 1: ee2a
    Additional Information 2: ee2a04e1273eb72313d00884a3408758
    Additional Information 3: 43d1
    Additional Information 4: 43d12f246557403be4f5c54ffe7030d1

The first time this happened after 21000 tracks. I started a rescan using refresh all and this time it happened after 45000 tracks.
    The pop-up continues to appear every few seconds or so and will probably do so indefinitely, although I have clicked the close the program option each time. It does not continue scanning and if I try detecting changes it does not seem to do anything. I then tried using the Restart Asset button and then Detecting Changes and this time the error message appeared after 28000 files. And continues to do so every several seconds. It seems to be appearing at different points in the scanning even if the files were successfully scanned previously each time I repeat this latter process.

I am using a PC and connected to a Netgear NAS. The files are located on the NAS and also on an internal HDD.

2. I am using Windows Media Player as the renderer and when I select Asset uPnP under the Network map only 1800 files show up or the 48000 or so in the Library. How do I access all the files scanned to date please?

3. Annoyingly the UMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working pop-up window continues to pop up every few seconds even when I close the program. How do I disable it until I know how to remedy the situation please?

Thank you
    Last edited by Staxxx; 11-30-2015, 11:02 PM. Reason: More information
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

Are you able to test it on a different PC (but looking at the same files)?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Staxxx
      • Jul 2013

Re: Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

Unfortunately this is the only PC that I own and my work laptop cannot be used.

Comment

• Staxxx
        • Jul 2013

OK. I did notice one thing. In the last few attempts are restarting Asset and Refresh All, the program stalls at 28,500 tracks each time. Once or twice it has gone past to about 48,000 yesterday but today it is pretty much stalling at 28.5k each time. Here is the problem signature I get every time:
        Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
        Application Version: 4.2.0.4
        Application Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
        Fault Module Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
        Fault Module Version: 4.2.0.4
        Fault Module Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
        Exception Code: 40000015
        Exception Offset: 00006f32
        OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
        Locale ID: 16393
        Additional Information 1: ee2a
        Additional Information 2: ee2a04e1273eb72313d00884a3408758
        Additional Information 3: 43d1
        Additional Information 4: 43d12f246557403be4f5c54ffe7030d1

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Install dBpoweramp on this machine, use Batch Converter and select your music folder. Then click Convert >> change the encoder to Test Conversion and let it run through all the files. Does it crash also?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Staxxx
            • Jul 2013

I have had DBpoweramp on this machine for over a year. I use it very often and without any problems. I have a lot of music that I have converted from various formats (WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc.) to WAV64 without any problems ever.

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Staxxx
              I have had DBpoweramp on this machine for over a year. I use it very often and without any problems. I have a lot of music that I have converted from various formats (WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc.) to WAV64 without any problems ever.
              To determine whether you have any file corruption since converting, as Spoon suggested, run Batch Converter >> Test Conversion on your audio library.

Comment

• Staxxx
                • Jul 2013

OK. Will do so. Thank you.

Comment

• Staxxx
                  • Jul 2013

Yes it stopped working somewhere .....did not say why...I will rerun the Test Conversion and see the details of the error message.

One thing I noticed that although I get the UMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working pop-up every minute or so, the program is continuing to scan this time...it is up to 41,000 files, although I cannot see/access these files through Windows Media/UPnP.

According to DBPower amp there are 49,398 files to check conversion.
                  Last edited by Staxxx; 12-01-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Staxxx
                    • Jul 2013

OK. I re-ran it and it did not get past the "Examining Source and Overwrite Check".....
                    Maybe I can scan them in smaller batches to overcome this.

In the meanwhile, the scanning with uPnP has reached 48,000 (all the while the error pop-up message has been occurring and each minute I have been clicking "close the program").

OK got past the Examining Source and Overwrite Check by selecting just one folder of music by one composer (Bach). There are four CPUs working on the Test Conversion. It will take 1 day and 15 hours so it will be a while before I get back on this....
                    Last edited by Staxxx; 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

If you can isolate the file causing the issue, we would like to have it.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Staxxx
                        • Jul 2013

The Test Conversion is still going on. There is one file as yet identified. This is just one of the many folders with music on the NAS. It will take me a couple of weeks to get through them all. Will send you the files when done. Thank you.

Comment

• Staxxx
                          • Jul 2013

There are seven files within this first folder which failed the re-convert in the Test Conversion. Would you like me to send one of them or all seven please?

Secondly, should I delete these files off the folder (no problem with doing that as I would just have to dig out the CD from storage sometime in the future and re-rip them) and then rerun Asset uPnP

Lastly, I still only see about 70 albums from hundreds in Windows Media Player although the scan says 49000 odd files scanned. How do I bring more folders into the library please? In a few days I will be getting a Naim Muso. I am hoping that unit will solve some of the problems I am having with my using Asset UPnP on my PC.

Comment

• mville
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Staxxx
                            There are seven files within this first folder which failed the re-convert in the Test Conversion. Would you like me to send one of them or all seven please?

Secondly, should I delete these files off the folder (no problem with doing that as I would just have to dig out the CD from storage sometime in the future and re-rip them) and then rerun Asset uPnP

Lastly, I still only see about 70 albums from hundreds in Windows Media Player although the scan says 49000 odd files scanned. How do I bring more folders into the library please? In a few days I will be getting a Naim Muso. I am hoping that unit will solve some of the problems I am having with my using Asset UPnP on my PC.
                            Until you can guarantee that ALL files in your audio library are not corrupt/problematic, you are going to have problems with Asset, WMP etc. Any media player/server that tries scanning your files will be unable to complete successfully, if files are corrupt/problematic.

So, your priority is to identify ALL corrupt/problem files, sending examples to Spoon, before attempting the next phase i.e. scan in Asset, WMP etc.

Comment

• Staxxx
                              • Jul 2013

Thank you. Will commence on this task. I assume if all the files pass the Test Conversion process they should be fine.

Comment

Working...

]]>