title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error when converting hi res from AIFF to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David W
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2011

Error when converting hi res from AIFF to FLAC

I recently purchased the AIFF version of Billie Holiday's "Songs For Distingue Lovers" from HD Tracks. I want to convert all the tracks to FLAC (I keep both versions on my NAS) using Music Converter for OS X. This usually works without fail. Today, however, I am getting the following error for all converted tracks:

Information converting to FLAC, '/Users/David/Desktop/AIFF/Billie Holiday/Songs For Distingue Lovers/01-Day In Day
    Out.aif' to '/Users/David/Desktop/FLAC/Billie Holiday/Songs For Distingue Lovers/01-Day In Day Out.flac'
    Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft' must be extra data on end of file. [ScanFile]

Could the AIFF download be defective?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error when converting hi res from AIFF to FLAC

It just means there is something extra on the end of the aiff file, I am guessing it is only a few bytes, the audio data is untouched.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• David W
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2011

Re: Error when converting hi res from AIFF to FLAC

Originally posted by Spoon
      It just means there is something extra on the end of the aiff file, I am guessing it is only a few bytes, the audio data is untouched.
      Good to know. Thanks for the super fast reply.

Comment

Working...

]]>