title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Secure Ripping Errors...Am I missing something?

Secure Ripping Errors...Am I missing something?

I am using cd ripper on Mac OS X 10.11.1 with an Apple SuperDrive. I'm using Secure Ripping. Most of the time discs go just fine. Sometimes it will report Error on the final 3 or four tracks. If I go in and set ultra secure, it may get one or two of the errorred tracks or sometimes none of them. It stops during "Ripping 1st Pass", it doesn't do multiple passes or seem to attempt error correcting. Am I missing something?

If it's an obvious configuration, let me know, if I need to post my settings, I can.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Secure Ripping Errors...Am I missing something?

What exact error state is shown for each track?

The specific error is: Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 8' to '/Volumes/Music/Staging/The Best of Kansas/08 - No One Together.lac' Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA15159 ripping 26 grams track end LBA 179995 [Rip]

with similar error for tracks 9 and 10. I guess I thought CD Ripper might 'try harder', but it bails with the error about 8% (varies) into "Pass 1 Ripping".

See (hopefully) the attachments below.

errors.jpg

ripper_settings.jpg

secure_settings.jpg

Administrator

This type of error message is the CD drive refusing to give any audio, it is rare that drives do this so either:

The disc is so badly damaged it cannot be read at all
    The drive is failing and needs replacing

Thanks for the quick replies and help. I'm going with failing drive. I switched over to the trial version on a Windows PC with a different cd drive and it's working great. The discs appear to be in great shape.

-Jeff