title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CDs that ripped OK with AccurateRip have Errors

CDs that ripped OK with AccurateRip have Errors

I've been ripping up a storm, using AccurateRip and always getting good rips. However, today I was listening to a few of the ripped FLAC files (uncompressed FLAC) and I noticed two errors so far while listening on VLC. I rewound the songs and the errors are the same and in the same spot.

How is this possible is AccurateRip said the rips were OK? This is freaking me out because I don't want to rip all of my CDs only to have errors in the FLAC files. What should I do? Is there some step I'm missing to ensure the rips are perfect? I thought that was the point of AccurateRip.

Administrator

Re: CDs that ripped OK with AccurateRip have Errors

Some CDs are actually mastered with errors, that is there is a click on the CD, everyone has it, no matter what it is ripped on or played on, nothing AccurateRip can do about that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lint007 View Post
    However, today I was listening to a few of the ripped FLAC files (uncompressed FLAC) and I noticed two errors so far while listening on VLC. I rewound the songs and the errors are the same and in the same spot.
    Do you get the same error at the same place in a different media player?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Some CDs are actually mastered with errors, that is there is a click on the CD, everyone has it, no matter what it is ripped on or played on, nothing AccurateRip can do about that.
    If I could just ask a related question: yesterday I ripped a brand new CD fresh from the plastic, and on the first rip, track 9 ripped "secure" and track 10 (last track) ripped "error," while every song before ripped accurate with a confidence of around 80.

I re-ripped with the same drive, and on the second rip track 9 ripped accurate (80) while track 10 still ripped error.

I kept trying to rip track 10, Ans eventually I did get a rip that read accurate (78) two times.

So what exactly happens in that situation? Why does it go from "error" to accurate with that high of confidence all of a sudden?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven13 View Post
    If I could just ask a related question: yesterday I ripped a brand new CD fresh from the plastic, and on the first rip, track 9 ripped "secure" and track 10 (last track) ripped "error," while every song before ripped accurate with a confidence of around 80.

I re-ripped with the same drive, and on the second rip track 9 ripped accurate (80) while track 10 still ripped error.

I kept trying to rip track 10, Ans eventually I did get a rip that read accurate (78) two times.

So what exactly happens in that situation? Why does it go from "error" to accurate with that high of confidence all of a sudden?
    Impossible to know for sure. Maybe some dust on the CD and/or optical drive laser on the first 2 attempts which gave the error, who knows. I have often gotten errors on a CD that looks clean, but when I give it a good wipe, it rips ok with no errors.