title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3rik
    • Oct 2010

ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

Hi all,

I use dBpowerAmp R15.3 for Mac. As my Cowon Plenue M audiophile player does not support RG, I use the Batch Converter to first calculate RG (album) for my FLAC (44.1/16) music library then I use RepalyGain Apply.
    But the sound is too weak, I have to push up the volume on my Cowon, and this burns battery life...

I'd like to know if there is a way to set RG album to 92dB or 95dB instead of 89dB to avoid this problem (avoid clipping too) ?

Thanks,

Eric
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

Use the DSP effect volume normalize, with ReplayGain enabled, then on the right you can set a volume adjustment.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 3rik
      • Oct 2010

Hi Spoon,

First of all thank you

I don't know what option to choose to add 6dB, there are many choices :

"peak to peak", "ReplayGain (track gain)" or "fixed amplification". I don't know the one to choose, maybe it's "ReplayGain (track gain) but I don't want track gain but album gain... And I don't see any option to avoid clipping.$

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You cannot do Album gain this way, only the way you have being doing so.

On the Replaygain options page you can set the LUFS target volume, it might be -18, set to -10 or -6, but you increase the risk of clipping.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

In the meantime, send an email to Cowon Plenue M developers and ask them to implement ReplayGain on playback. This is a bewildering admission from the firmeware/software for a device of this quality/price.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
            In the meantime, send an email to Cowon Plenue M developers and ask them to implement ReplayGain on playback. This is a bewildering admission from the firmeware/software for a device of this quality/price.
            ... sorry, read bewildering admission as bewildering omission

Comment

Working...

]]>