title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

Question ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

Hi all,

I use dBpowerAmp R15.3 for Mac. As my Cowon Plenue M audiophile player does not support RG, I use the Batch Converter to first calculate RG (album) for my FLAC (44.1/16) music library then I use RepalyGain Apply.
    But the sound is too weak, I have to push up the volume on my Cowon, and this burns battery life...

I'd like to know if there is a way to set RG album to 92dB or 95dB instead of 89dB to avoid this problem (avoid clipping too) ?

Thanks,

Eric

Administrator

Re: ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

Use the DSP effect volume normalize, with ReplayGain enabled, then on the right you can set a volume adjustment.

Hi Spoon,

First of all thank you

I don't know what option to choose to add 6dB, there are many choices :

"peak to peak", "ReplayGain (track gain)" or "fixed amplification". I don't know the one to choose, maybe it's "ReplayGain (track gain) but I don't want track gain but album gain... And I don't see any option to avoid clipping.$

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Administrator

You cannot do Album gain this way, only the way you have being doing so.

On the Replaygain options page you can set the LUFS target volume, it might be -18, set to -10 or -6, but you increase the risk of clipping.

dBpoweramp Guru

In the meantime, send an email to Cowon Plenue M developers and ask them to implement ReplayGain on playback. This is a bewildering admission from the firmeware/software for a device of this quality/price.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    In the meantime, send an email to Cowon Plenue M developers and ask them to implement ReplayGain on playback. This is a bewildering admission from the firmeware/software for a device of this quality/price.
    ... sorry, read bewildering admission as bewildering omission