title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bug in ID Tags Editor app

Bug in ID Tags Editor app

When trying to add additional artwork/images for FLAC files, it is almost impossible to maintain the 'front cover' image as the primary image. The app typically switches to a 'back cover' image, if that was the recent one added.

Administrator

Re: Bug in ID Tags Editor app

So you have a flac file with one art, it is front cover art. You add a 2nd, what is the 2nd set to when adding? what happens to the first?

The existing artwork would be set as the front cover. I can add another image, and set it as the back cover. Then, and also if I have that folder of files open in windows explorer, with all the files selected (and the embedded image showing in the status bar section at the bottom of the files window) all the images change to the newly added image. The files also display this new image as the main image in plex, etc.

Could there be a way (check box?) added in order to select which image to use as the main image?

Administrator

This is just Windows Explorer reading the ID Tags wrong from FLAC files. If you edit the tags again in dBpoweramp, the art is shown with correct tags? if so it is not a bug in Tag editor, just that Windows explorer only expects 1 album art in the file.

Thanks. It seems odd that, depending on how I save the images, Windows explorer might show the correct image.

But, as I mentioned, other applications, like PLEX, may also show the wrong image.