title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp for OSX, R15.4 beta

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

dBpoweramp for OSX, R15.4 beta

Latest version: R15.4 beta 4

<released>

Changes since R15.3:
    • Metadata lookups are now cancellable as they seem to get stuck and never return in some cases
    • Manually unchecked metadata providers no longer become checked again
    • No more .ignore filenames in ripping logs
    • Fixed Multi Encoder breaking with quotation marks in file names
    • Fixed metadata provider checkboxes not having immediate effect
    • AMG should no longer take a very long time to return in case there's a problem connecting to the server.
    • Temporary file handling fixes.
    • Fixed disc ID calculation on CDs containing data tracks, now generating identical disc IDs as dBpoweramp for Windows. [beta 4]
    • Fixed problems with copy/paste from ripping status log dialog. [beta 4].
    Last edited by Spoon; 01-20-2016, 09:51 AM. Reason: Beta 4
  • amary
    • Feb 2015

Re: dBpoweramp for OSX, R15.4 beta

Bug Report

I have one particular CD (Sony SK 63216, 1997) which verifies differently on the Windows and Mac versions of dBpowerAmp.

On Mac versions 15.3 & 15.4b3, it shows up as DiscID: 012-001c8255-0108119a-b50ecc0c. All tracks are AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 2).

On Windows version 15.3, it shows up as DiscID: 012-001d3d84-011192fd-c7114b0d. All tracks are AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5).

The track CRC's actually match. It's the DiscID's that don't.

I've reproduced identical results multiple times on multiple machines. Rip logs are attached.

This is an "Enhanced CD", which probably has a lot to do with this problem (misidentifying the disc).

[The only reason I'm using the Windows version (in trial mode) is because the Mac version STILL doesn't submit results to AccurateRip(!). I recently ripped around 1,000 CD's on the Mac version and had around 50 that weren't in AccurateRip. It really annoyed me that I couldn't even contribute these missing ones to your own database, so I'm re-ripping them on Windows solely for that purpose. I'm hoping that I'll still be able to submit once trial mode reverts to free mode. Otherwise, my only option help you (without paying for the privilege) would be to use EAC!!!. I hope this gets addressed soon (once Enhanced CD's are being properly identified)!]
    Attached Files

Comment

• amary
      • Feb 2015

Feature Requests:

There are a few additional features I'd love to see in dBpoweramp for Mac. I was recently surprised to learn that all of them are actually already present in the Windows version:

1) I'd like to be able to graphically see the *overall* progress when ripping multiple tracks (typically an entire CD).

2) I'd like to be able to see the progress of *each* rip pass. (Right now, the progress bar is only active for the first pass, and remains pegged at 100% for subsequent passes, even though the percentage is displayed properly in text form.)

3) I'd like to be able to easily skip the ripping of the current track, and move on to subsequent tracks.

4) I'd like to continue to see the album art while ripping is happening.

5) Allow me to submit to the AccurateRip database!!!

I notice that you re-arranged the panels a bit in the Mac version. There is plenty of free space in the bottom panel to display two progress bars, a "Skip" button, and to continue to display the album art while ripping.

Comment

• amary
        • Feb 2015

Bug Report:

After ripping a CD, I get the results window with a "Copy to Clipboard" button. Pressing this button seems to only actually copy the first line of the log to my clipboard, not the entire log, as I would expect (and as it does in Windows).

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Thanks for your feedback. Feature requests noted.

Originally posted by amary
          Bug Report:

After ripping a CD, I get the results window with a "Copy to Clipboard" button. Pressing this button seems to only actually copy the first line of the log to my clipboard, not the entire log, as I would expect (and as it does in Windows).
          Curious: what app are you pasting to?
          I tried pasting to Notes and TextEdit and it worked as intended, whole content got pasted... however dBpoweramp did write an array of strings to the system pasteboard instead of a single merged string with line separators; so I just changed it to merge before pasting, so it should be fixed for the next update.

Comment

• amary
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PeterP
            Curious: what app are you pasting to?
            I tried pasting to Notes and TextEdit and it worked as intended, whole content got pasted... however dBpoweramp did write an array of strings to the system pasteboard instead of a single merged string with line separators; so I just changed it to merge before pasting, so it should be fixed for the next update.
            I was pasting into TextWrangler (little sibling to BBEdit) with line wrapping enabled. Yup, when I paste into TextEdit, everything shows up as expected. I'll mention this behavior to Bare Bones Software as well, since they may want to incorporate support for pasting arrays of strings into their editors.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Beta 4 posted, see the first post.

15.4 final will be posted soon. Further usability improvements will be implemented for upcoming R16 later this year.

Comment

• amary
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PeterP
                Beta 4 posted
                I can confirm that this beta resolved the problem with copying rip results to the clipboard and pasting into TextWrangler. (One more possible buglet: This result window is titled "Conversion Status Information" rather than "Rip Status Information")

Also, my enhanced CD that had a different DiscID on Mac vs. Windows is now properly identified. Furthermore, several other CD's I had (also with enhanced content, it turns out) which previously did not show up as being in AccurateRip, now show up as being there.

I do have another question and a few related (minor) feature requests:

I have a CD that is not in AccurateRip, so I ripped it on two different Macs to compare results. All tracks had matching AccruateRip CRC's, but one of those tracks had a mismatching CRC32!

What are the odds of a track having a matching AccurateRip CRC, but differing CRC32 values?

What, exactly, is the difference between these two CRCs?

It seems that the AccurateRip CRC is newer, better, and preferred. But why, then, is there no way to display the AccruateRip CRC in the ripper window? (It's not one of the columns I can enable). Shouldn't this be an option (the default, in fact)?

Also, while you're adding that … Would it be possible to cache the AccurateRip CRC and also the Rip Status columns, so if I re-insert a CD (after cleaning, for example), I can tell at a glance which tracks ripped accurately and which did not?

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Did both macs have the same CD drive? if they had different offsets then different CRCs.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• amary
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Did both macs have the same CD drive? if they had different offsets then different CRCs.
                    No, two different drives (with different offsets). But the DiscID's all match, and the CRC32's matched on the other 11 tracks on that disc. I've also been comparing CRC32's between a number of other CD's ripped on both machines, and all those CRC32's matched as well. So, it was interesting that only this one particular track on on just this one CD mismatched (despite the matching AccurateRip CRC). Anyway, hoping that you will allow displaying the AccurateRip CRC in the Rip window (on both Mac & Windows)!

Comment

• moonloop
                      • Oct 2009

Will Perfectunes ever make the jump to the Mac version I wonder ?

~M~

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

It is not currently planned
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• earthbound
                          • May 2012

I just purchased OSX R15.3 and expected all DSP effects except HDCD, especially wanting hidden track removal. Will they be added? If not I can use my Windows PC for all that but my Mac is much faster, and due to my occasional idiocy I need to re-rip my 1300+ CD collection.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

They should be added for the next major update.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Now released
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...