title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Fixing Multi-Disc Album Tags

Fixing Multi-Disc Album Tags

Ripped my collection a long time ago, when my first player (iAudio X5L, still working) did not support Id tag browsing. Albums were stored 1 per folder with "... (Disc x)" appended to album titles and no "Disc" tags. This did not present a problem browsing music in Artist / Album folders.

But... iTunes has _unfortunately_ entered my life. It treats albums with different names as unique albums, even if all tracks are in 1 folder. Therefore all multiple disc albums are displayed multiple times, once for each individual disc.

Since there are close to 100 such albums in my collection and since subsets of that collection were spread out on 4 different players I wrote a (quite robust) VB Script leveraging the dMCScripting component. The script parses a folder structure looking for music files with a specified string appended to the Album tag value. It will run in report mode (lists all multi-disc album folders) or update mode (remove album tag "(Disc x" annotation and add Disc tag).

Is there any value in posting the script? If so, where? The "Developers Corner" seems logical, except that it does not require developer skills to use and might not be found there by others in the unfortunate position I created for myself.

Administrator

Re: Fixing Multi-Disc Album Tags

You could post in the developers section.