title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

IFEQUALS Cannot Find Substrings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lahatte
    • Nov 2015

IFEQUALS Cannot Find Substrings?

Hi,

I was hoping to have a way to check the 'genre' tag for the text "Classical". Unless "Classical" is the ONLY text in the tag, ISEQUALS won't match it.

Is there no way to find a substring, as within a multi-genre tag (i.e., Rock/Heavy metal/Grunge)?

Thanks very much.
    Clay
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: IFEQUALS Cannot Find Substrings?

In the ISEQUALS function, try replacing [genre] with [tags]genre,/[]

... sorry, half asleep here. Clearly the above (ISEQUALS) won't work, but the [tags]<element>,deliminator[] is the function to return multi-value tags e.g. [tags]genre,/[]
    Last edited by mville; 11-13-2015, 11:51 AM. Reason: sleeping

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I do not think it is able to work on multi items. I will mark as a issue for next release.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lahatte
        • Nov 2015

Thanks very much. It would be great to be able to choose to match part of a string. Of course, too little too late for me, right?

Clay

Comment

• lahatte
          • Nov 2015

By the way, while we're mentioning the next release, are you aware that in dBpoweramp, adding album art "from Internet" just replaces the image; it doesn't add a new image, unless you choose to Paste from clipboard.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Yes this is by design.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lahatte
              • Nov 2015

Really? That seems odd. There is a button for Album art, which could change the image, but the 'plus' sign should 'add' an image. Right? Maybe my post before was clear on the fact that I was referring to the 'plus' sign icon.

Thanks.

Comment

• lahatte
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                I do not think it is able to work on multi items. I will mark as a issue for next release.
                Hi Spoon, perhaps a more specific function for this would be to look for individual tags in a multi-tag genre string. For example, some music could have "Classical" as one of the genres (as in "Classical; Chamber"). Another might have "Neoclassical", and I wouldn't want to match that one, only the "Classical" ones.

Or even better, provide a means (two functions) to do both a substring match, and a sub-genre match.

Thanks.
                Last edited by lahatte; 11-27-2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>