title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: IFEQUALS Cannot Find Substrings?

IFEQUALS Cannot Find Substrings?

Hi,

I was hoping to have a way to check the 'genre' tag for the text "Classical". Unless "Classical" is the ONLY text in the tag, ISEQUALS won't match it.

Is there no way to find a substring, as within a multi-genre tag (i.e., Rock/Heavy metal/Grunge)?

Thanks very much.
    Clay

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: IFEQUALS Cannot Find Substrings?

In the ISEQUALS function, try replacing [genre] with [tags]genre,/[]

... sorry, half asleep here. Clearly the above (ISEQUALS) won't work, but the [tags]<element>,deliminator[] is the function to return multi-value tags e.g. [tags]genre,/[]
    Last edited by mville; 11-13-2015 at 06:51 AM. Reason: sleeping

Administrator

I do not think it is able to work on multi items. I will mark as a issue for next release.

Thanks very much. It would be great to be able to choose to match part of a string. Of course, too little too late for me, right?

Clay

By the way, while we're mentioning the next release, are you aware that in dBpoweramp, adding album art "from Internet" just replaces the image; it doesn't add a new image, unless you choose to Paste from clipboard.

Thanks.

Administrator

Yes this is by design.

Really? That seems odd. There is a button for Album art, which could change the image, but the 'plus' sign should 'add' an image. Right? Maybe my post before was clear on the fact that I was referring to the 'plus' sign icon.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I do not think it is able to work on multi items. I will mark as a issue for next release.
    Hi Spoon, perhaps a more specific function for this would be to look for individual tags in a multi-tag genre string. For example, some music could have "Classical" as one of the genres (as in "Classical; Chamber"). Another might have "Neoclassical", and I wouldn't want to match that one, only the "Classical" ones.

Or even better, provide a means (two functions) to do both a substring match, and a sub-genre match.

Thanks.
    Last edited by lahatte; 11-27-2015 at 01:19 AM.