title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Errors on every track - cannot see how to disable C2 if that is the reason

Question Errors on every track - cannot see how to disable C2 if that is the reason

First post here although I have been using dbPoweramp with no problems for years.

Most of the rips have been via the C10 Meridian Sooloos but a breakdown in the software there is forcing me back onto dBPoweamp which is better anyway.

Put the CD in and all tracks are recognized but not the cover - no problem I can scan that.

Rip -> error on every track.

I have two drives in this PC (Windows 7 64 bit) and the same thing happens with both.

I read that C2 might be the clue but I cannot see how to disable it in the options.

TIA

John

Administrator

Re: Errors on every track - cannot see how to disable C2 if that is the reason

If no cover art, it suggests you not have R14 or R15 Reference which is needed for art.

What is the exact error message shown? (there is a button copy to clipboard, click it and paste the error here).

Apologies for the slow response - visitors here.

The disc is a new one from the BBC magazine so that is probably why no cover.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\01 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; I. Allegro con brio.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\01 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; I. Allegro con brio.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\02 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; II. Adagio.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\02 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; II. Adagio.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\03 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; III. Rondo, Molto allegro.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\03 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; III. Rondo, Molto allegro.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\04 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Leonore Overture *3, Op. 72b.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\04 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Leonore Overture *3, Op. 72b.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\05 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Corislan Overture, Op. 62.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\05 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Corislan Overture, Op. 62.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\06 Walter Welles - Beethoven; The Creatures of Prometheus Overture, Op. 43.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\06 Walter Welles - Beethoven; The Creatures of Prometheus Overture, Op. 43.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\07 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Egmont Overture, Op. 84.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\07 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Egmont Overture, Op. 84.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Apologies for the slow response - visitors here.

The disc is a new one from the BBC magazine so that is probably why no cover.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\01 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; I. Allegro con brio.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\01 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; I. Allegro con brio.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\02 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; II. Adagio.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\02 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; II. Adagio.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\03 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; III. Rondo, Molto allegro.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\03 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 in B flat, Op. 19; III. Rondo, Molto allegro.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\04 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Leonore Overture *3, Op. 72b.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\04 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Leonore Overture *3, Op. 72b.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\05 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Corislan Overture, Op. 62.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\05 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Corislan Overture, Op. 62.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\06 Walter Welles - Beethoven; The Creatures of Prometheus Overture, Op. 43.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\06 Walter Welles - Beethoven; The Creatures of Prometheus Overture, Op. 43.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\07 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Egmont Overture, Op. 84.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\John\Documents\My Music\Walter Welles\Beethoven; Piano Concerto *2 + Overtures\07 Walter Welles - Beethoven; Egmont Overture, Op. 84.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    POSTSCRIPT:

I have the program on a notebook and have the CD successfully ripped there.

So what is it about this (much more powerful and more modern) PC that is stopping the program from working?

Administrator

It means the location you have set to save the files to, dBpoweramp is denied writing rights. It could be this location does not exist, or it does exist and it locked down to only certain programs.

Try creating a folder 'Test' in the root of drive C, it will have default permissions, then try to rip there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It means the location you have set to save the files to, dBpoweramp is denied writing rights. It could be this location does not exist, or it does exist and it locked down to only certain programs.

Try creating a folder 'Test' in the root of drive C, it will have default permissions, then try to rip there.
    Spot on - now works as expected. Looks like I directed it to a different folder than used in the past. But no such doubt in future as the folder is labelled Rip dbPoweramp and I put it in drive D to minimise work for the SSD C drive.

Thanks heaps. Such an easy and obvious solution which never occurred to me.