title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper suddenly don't work anymore

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaynas
    • Nov 2015

CD Ripper suddenly don't work anymore

Hello,
    since yesterday I have a strange effect with my dbpoweramp CD Ripper. It just does not rip anymore, although I did not change anything.
    I use the CD ripper for more than 1 year on my Toshiba notebook without any problems. Yesterday I was ripping 3 normal popular CDs (Tracy Chapman), all in good shape.

The first 2 of them where ripped as always, but the 3rd started with a unusual delay and at the end finished unsucessfully with tag inaccurate rip. After several attempts in vain I tried Burst mode, succesfully at first.

But after that all other CDs I tried could not be ripped anymore, not in Secure and not in Burst mode. The rip speeds through in 2 seconds and ends up with an error tag. If exceptionally a track was not aborted or tagged with Error message, it sounds awful and scratchy like an old AM-radio. I think it is the ripping part which is faulty, not the encoding.

Then I took an other, external CD-drive and tried again. The first CD rip in Secure mode was fine as usual. But very soon the same behavior as befrore appeared again. No ripping possible, nether in secure nor burst mode.
    Again: I did not change anything between CD*2 and CD*3.

Searching for possible faults I could not find anything, but I noticed that it was not possible to detect the "drive read cache". It is displayed 1024KB, but when I push the detect-button, the drive starts to spin, and stops and spins and so on. But even after 10 minutes there is no result.

Please, does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Kay
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper suddenly don't work anymore

What error message is shown?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kaynas
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      What error message is shown?
      No error message appears. If I call it up, it shows "no error".

What happens is:
      Today I tried a rip in secure mode. It seemed to run properly up to 100% at first pass, then immediately changed to ultra secure without second pass. After some time ist stopped displaying "Re-Rip (17813 frames). After a long time I cancelled the rip, error log shows "no error".

Then I tried again, now with Burst mode. The rip appeared rather normal, but each track was marked in red X Inaccurate (200), or with other tracks X Inaccurate (76). Also no failure message, if I call up the log it shows "no error".

Best regards Kay

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try right click on CD Ripper icon >> run as administrator
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kaynas
          • Nov 2015

Try right click on CD Ripper icon >> run as administrator
          I just tried, both in secure and burst mode. Unfortunately it did not make a difference to the behavior as before.

Best regards, Kay

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Perhaps consider that your CD drive is now faulty.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kaynas
              • Nov 2015

Perhaps consider that your CD drive is now faulty.
              That was my first guess. And therefore I tried a brandnew external disk drive after the built-in one, but also without success.
              Today I tried again with the external, and in fact received a failure log:
              Unable to read CD, check CD disk (frame LBA 19760 ripping 26 frames track end 40812 frames) [dbRipper Secure ::rip]
              This was for the 2nd track.
              Before this the first track had started immediately in ultra secure, and after some time finished with X AR check secure.

According to your guess I took my headphones and listened to a CD running on the internal drive. It sounded awful. I think I have to replace the CD drive.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards, Kay

Comment

Working...

]]>