title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP 5.1 serving FLAC but not mp3 - downgrade

Question Asset UPnP 5.1 serving FLAC but not mp3 - downgrade

I purchased Asset UPnP premium 5.1 and installed on Windows Server 2012 Essentials. FLAC files are playing well on my Beosound 5 Encore but mp3 files are breaking up (playing and stopping every few seconds). I had no issues with the prior version which I used as the free version (4.3 I believe - or perhaps 4.5 - for home server 2011). Everything works well when served to a Windows 10 PC.

Where do I find the prior version(s) of Asset UPnP so I can downgrade to the version I used before upgrading to 5.1?
    Last edited by bollen; 11-09-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP 5.1 serving FLAC but not mp3 - downgrade

Perhaps you have mp3 set to be served as wave? and wireless is not able to supply the data enough.

Check the settings for mp3 files.

Re: Asset UPnP 5.1 serving FLAC but not mp3 - downgrade

Thanks for your suggestion. I have the whole house on a wired gigabit network so that's not my problem. However, I did try the opposite of your suggestion - serve mp3 as wave. That works! So I believe there is a specific issue with playing mp3 files (flac and m4a are served just fine) on the Bang & Olufsen Beosound 5 Encore using Asset UPnP 5.1 but not v. 4.x. In any case, I found a solution.