title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset Upnp Premium not detecting new music (OSX)

Asset Upnp Premium not detecting new music (OSX)

Hi there. I have been using the free (limited) version of Asset UPnP for 3 months with my Naim ND5 XS and up to now far it worked as expected. Today I upgraded to the premium (unrestricted) version (OSX) and paid USD28. However for some unknown reasons, the music I added to my folders subsequent to the upgrade is not being picked up by Asset UPnP and the Naim app. I added 5 albums and Asset UPnP is unable to detect them. I played with the settings and rebooted Asset, and re-downloaded the music folders but so far no luck. I also use JRiver for Mac and there are no issues. I use JRiver primarily for ripping and tagging, and playing FLAC files when travelling.

Asset UPnP is more slick than JRiver (very slow to load-up) and the album art looks much better. All my music is stored on a Macbook and backed up elsewhere. I stream wirelessly to the Naim.

Any advise? I searched the forum for similar problems - another user had the same problem but using a NAS. I have just paid USD28 (not a lot of money but still!).

Administrator

Re: Asset Upnp Premium not detecting new music (OSX)

What happens if you run the configuration program as select 'Rescan (Detecting Changes)'?

Nothing happens. It outputs the same number of tracks and albums.

The folders contain 4212 files but only 3500 are detected by Asset UPnP. Thats more than 5 albums implying older files are also not being detected. Any fix suggestions? I am quite peeved that I shelled out USD28 for something that seems to be not working.

Administrator

Anything specific about the files it does not detect? such as a different audio type?