title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

De-Dup - Mass delete

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beemer
    • Sep 2015

De-Dup - Mass delete

I have been using De-Dup but see there is a Mass Delete facility. I cannot find anything about this and am afraid to select it in case it deletes all my files. Is that indeed what it would do?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: De-Dup - Mass delete

You can click the mass delete button, it lists the files it will delete, you have to click ok to delete.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Beemer
      • Sep 2015

Spoon,

thanks

Comment

• Beemer
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
        You can click the mass delete button, it lists the files it will delete, you have to click ok to delete.
        Sorry more confusion. I opened the Mass delete page and the duplicates. What is not clear to me is where there are say just one duplicate of a file, which file gets deleted? Is it the one shown on the left or the right of that page?

How does de-dup decide which to place in which position?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is the one with the check mark, on the left of that page, you can try with just 1 file.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Beemer
            • Sep 2015

At present I have 1917 duplicate flac files. If I use your suggestion to remove the left position one this is my situation, e.g.

Left position.......................................... .......................Right position

F:\My Music\Flac\Eric Clapton\Tears in Heaven.flac..........F:\My Music\Flac\Tears in Heaven.flac

Why would the Mass Delete option decide to offer the left position as the one to delete?
            Last edited by Beemer; 11-06-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If the quality is identical, then it is first scanned which is offered to be deleted. The program cannot know that you want to keep the one in a specific folder, if you have these requirements then you need to manually do the deletions.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>