title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Moving ripped music file from Mac to My Passport external drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffrey
    • Jan 2015

Moving ripped music file from Mac to My Passport external drive

My FLAC music library I ripped on a Win O/S notebook with dBPoweramp resides on WD My Passport Ultra drive (which is not for Mac specific per se, just a regular My Passport Ultra USB drive). JRiver 20x for Mac plays these FLAC files just fine (with all tags, cover art, etc.) off the My Passport Ultra, however when I rip CD's with dBPoweramp on my Mac, I am unable to move those FLAC files from the Macbook Pro (El Capitan) to > My Passport. What I am I overlooking? Should I just rerip CD's with dBPoweramp on my old Win 7 notebook and drag the files over to the > WD My Passport Ultra USB drive and forget using dBPoweramp with Mac altogether? Would like to abandon Win O/S platform and just use Mac, but can't find a workaround. Thank you.
    Last edited by geoffrey; 10-31-2015, 11:00 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Moving ripped music file from Mac to My Passport external drive

What happens when you try to move the files? there is nothing special about music files, they could be a word document, or jpeg image, they are just files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• geoffrey
      • Jan 2015

The Mac file icon shows an "X" and will not drag over to My Passport USB drive(s).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

This is in finder?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Niko
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

Think that your WD disk is formatted with NTFS, which OS X is able to read, but unable to write to.

There are some possibilities to overcome this problem:
          - buy additional software that enables your Mac to write to NTFS formatted drives
          - search the internet how to modify OS X to enable writing to NTFS drives (usually unsupported)
          - use free tools available under Windows to modify NTFS to FAT32 (but consider some limitations re. file size etc.).

Comment

Working...

]]>