title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conductor tag problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scompton
    • May 2012

Conductor tag problem

I'm having a problem in the CD Ripper and the Converter with the Conductor tag when ripping or converting to ALAC. In the ALAC file, the tag is visible in the Edit ID Tags dialog, but it isn't visible in foobar or mp3tag.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Conductor tag problem

Originally posted by scompton
    I'm having a problem in the CD Ripper and the Converter with the Conductor tag when ripping or converting to ALAC. In the ALAC file, the tag is visible in the Edit ID Tags dialog, but it isn't visible in foobar or mp3tag.
    In mp3tag, it is probably called Performer due to your dBpoweramp and/or mp3tag tag mapping settings.

Comment

• scompton
      • May 2012

I don't see a Performer tag in mp3tag. In foobar, Performer is one of the default tags that are always visible whether populated or not and it's empty. I tried converting files from ALAC to FLAC, the tag is copied and visible with all three programs.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by scompton
        I don't see a Performer tag in mp3tag. In foobar, Performer is one of the default tags that are always visible whether populated or not and it's empty. I tried converting files from ALAC to FLAC, the tag is copied and visible with all three programs.
        In MP3Tag, select an ALAC with a conductor and type ALT+T, which lists all tags in the extended tags window. What is the name of the tag for a conductor?

... don't worry, I have just converted a FLAC (with a conductor and conductor sort) to ALAC and I too do not get any tag for the conductor showing in foobar2000 or MP3Tag at all, whereas, conductor sort is showing. We need to wait for Spoon to comment on this.
        Last edited by mville; 10-27-2015, 08:52 PM. Reason: confirmed possible bug

Comment

• scompton
          • May 2012

Original FLAC
          Click image for larger version

Name:	flac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	293015

ALAC after converting

Name:	ALAC.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	293014

ALAC file with conductor after tagging in foobar.

Name:	ALAC with conductor.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	293013

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Apple have a document:

And conductor is @con, which dBpoweramp writes, however foobar and mp3tag do not recognize this tag (instead they write as an generic tag).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Henkjan
              • Oct 2010

FIY: see also https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post111132

Comment

Working...

]]>