title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I want to convert from .ra, .rm and .ram.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *K*

I want to convert from .ra, .rm and .ram.

Hi.

I have zillions of .rm audio files on my pc which I want to get onto ordinary audio CD.

I happily downloaded and installed your program (dMC), however, when I got to the download page for the Real Media codecs, I came across a few things which I would appreciate if someone could clarify...

1. It is stated that "When Converting the % bar will remain at 0%, the computer will 100% and conversion will take exactly the length of the audio file".

Does that mean that if I want to convert a .rm which contains one hour of audio, the conversion process itself will take one hour?

2. There is a 'RealAudio Decoder (Reads)' and a 'Real Audio Encoder (Writes)'.

I only want to convert FROM Real Media INTO other formats. Which one do I need? Both?

Thanks for any help.

K.
  • Unregistered

Re: I want to convert from .ra, .rm and .ram.

Hi again!

I also want to know why both the 'RealAudio Decoder (Reads)' and the 'Real Audio Encoder (Writes)' have the same file name, as I found out when trying to save them (obviously I got the 'this file already exists; would you like to replace the old file, etc message'.

Should I change the filename of one of them, or would that cause things to not work properly?

Thanks.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2002

1) Yes, this is true. There is, however, an updated RealAudio codec currently being developed that reads quicker; it should be released soon. Check out the bottom of the http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ page to see what I'm talking about.

2) No need for the encoder, since you don't want to write (create) RealAudio files; you're doing the opposite.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2002

Are you sure? Looking at the two files myself I see one has the word 'codec' in the filename and the other has 'encoder'. Check to see if you haven't accidentily downloaded the same one twice.

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks for the reply, MoP.

I have checked the bottom of the homepage, but I didn't see anything there that relates to Real files. I'm not clued up on codecs so I wouldn't even know what to look for!

As for the time it takes to convert the files, I'm afraid that it would be impossible to have them converted at the same length of time as the audio. They are just hundreds, if not thousands of files and the majority of them are an hour or so of audio.

How faster will the new product be? When will it be available?

Yes, I am 100% sure about the file names; try it out yourself; simply right-click and choose 'save link target as' for both and the name which automatically appears in the 'File name' area is the same for both.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The real answer would be not to expect the new real audio codec, it is very much long term development.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>