title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Windows 10

I downloaded Windows 10 yesterday, replacing Windows 8, and can't access my music anymore. I have a Naim media player and it simply says i'm not connected to a Server. I tried reinstalling Asset but this didn't change anything. Any thoughts? thanks

Administrator

Re: Windows 10

It is likely the computer identification changed, you can browse different UPnP servers? it is in the options I think of the naim app.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've gone to the app settings, then to input settings, then to UPnp settings. "Input enabled" has a check mark beside it. There are three other settings: "Input Name," "Clear UPnP cache" and "UPnP compatibility mode." Will one of these settings fix it?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Larue View Post
    I've gone to the app settings, then to input settings, then to UPnp settings. "Input enabled" has a check mark beside it. There are three other settings: "Input Name," "Clear UPnP cache" and "UPnP compatibility mode." Will one of these settings fix it?
    You probably need to re-select the Asset UPnP server in the Naim software.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Which Naim software? I can find no place where I can re-select it. On my player I can't find any place to do this either. Nor in my Naim app, unless I'm not looking in the right places. Mville and Spoon, thank you for your replies but please remember that this stuff may seem plain to you, but I am a novice. If you're able to provide a little more detail it would be appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

Which Naim software?
    In the Naim media player (referring to you post no. 1 earlier)? Isn't this where you select the server you wish to connect to?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, I can select USB, iRadio, Spotify, etc, but when select my UPnp it simply says "No server." I don't know how I would select another server.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, I can select USB, iRadio, Spotify, etc, but when select my UPnp it simply says "No server." I don't know how I would select another server.
    Sorry, I am not familiar with the Naim media player and it's configuration.

Hopefully, a Naim user will step in here and help. Maybe, check in the Naim manual/support website/forums.

dBpoweramp Guru

when select my UPnp it simply says "No server." I don't know how I would select another server.
    Have you anyway to confirm that Asset is running properly on the Windows 10 PC?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My next step was to go on the Naim forum. I don't believe it is running properly because when I try to restart it, it says Asset is not responding.

dBpoweramp Guru

My next step was to go on the Naim forum. I don't believe it is running properly because when I try to restart it, it says Asset is not responding.
    Reboot your PC. Open the Windows 10 file explorer. Then, in the navigation pane, select Network. Does Asset appear?

Also, run Asset UPnP Configuration. What does it say next to Status?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It gives me the number of tracks and albums. However, I refreshed my library then hit restart and i didn't get the message that asset wasn't responding. However, this hasn't fixed it. I'll give your instructions a go.

dBpoweramp Guru

It gives me the number of tracks and albums. However, I refreshed my library then hit restart and i didn't get the message that asset wasn't responding. However, this hasn't fixed it. I'll give your instructions a go.
    If you selected Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All, wait until Asset has finished re-scanning your library. Depending on your PC and the size of your audio library, this could take a little while.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, I waited until the refresh was complete--it then shows my total tracks. In respect to your other instructions, interesting: there are two asset icons in my network setting. One is empty and the other has all my music. If I delete the empty one will this do the trick? I can't see how it would because if my player is connecting to the empty one, would my player just say there is no music in it?

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, I waited until the refresh was complete--it then shows my total tracks. In respect to your other instructions, interesting: there are two asset icons in my network setting. One is empty and the other has all my music. If I delete the empty one will this do the trick? I can't see how it would because if my player is connecting to the empty one, would my player just say there is no music in it?
    In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Asset Running Mode, what is selected Local Account or Service?