title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: More encoding options for aac ! (and add Nero aac?)

France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Gard, Bagnols-sur-Cèze

Lightbulb More encoding options for aac ! (and add Nero aac?)

Hi,

Lame's options are higly customizables, why did you not done the same with AAC?
    It's is very important to have the choice to choose these parameters:
    • Frequency (AAC supports up to 96kHz) add at least 22.5kHz 24kHz (32kHz) 44.1kHz 48kHz (64kHz) 88.2kHz and 96kHz (and a option to preserve current frequencies from the audio files) ;
    • Channel (AAC supports up to 7.1 Channels (8)) add all possibilities: mono, 2.0 (1.1), 2.1 (3.0), 4.0 (3.1),4.1 (5.0), 5.1 (6.0), 7.1 (8.0) (and a option to preserve current channels from the audio files) ;
    • add more profiles: AAC-LD, AAC-ELD (acutally we have only these choices: AAC-LC / HE-AAC / HE-AACv2, of course they are essential) (and why not these too: MPEG-2 AAC LC / MPEG-2 HE-AAC (SBR) / MPEG-2 HE-AAC v2 (SBR+PS)) ;
    • and finally, add a command line (as Lame), it will be usefull !

We can see all parameters here: https://github.com/nu774/fdkaac

Then, it would also be very interesting to add the free Nero AAC codec!
    Nero AAC have a based-quality mode, bitrate customisable for VBR, ABR, CBR, and have a 2-Pass encode.
    As the FDK AAC it supports up to 7.1 Ch and 96kHz, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AACv2.

(I have seen in the SDK AAC a line to choose the bit depth, I don't know if we can choose another value than 16, i.e. 24bits&*8230; I don't think if it's work but it would be cool!)

And as some people I also approves the request that it would be interesting to use dBpoweramp natively on GNU/Linux!

Thank you! =) (sorry if there is some mistakes I'm french)

Administrator

Re: More encoding options for aac ! (and add Nero aac?)

If you want to change the frequency use the DSP effect 'Resampler' its quality is much higher than in fdk.
    the nero codec was supported many years ago, its quality is not that great when compared with fdk.

France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Gard, Bagnols-sur-Cèze

Re: More encoding options for aac ! (and add Nero aac?)

And for this:

• Channel (AAC supports up to 7.1 Channels (8)) add all possibilities: mono, 2.0 (1.1), 2.1 (3.0), 4.0 (3.1),4.1 (5.0), 5.1 (6.0), 7.1 (8.0) (and a option to preserve current channels from the audio files) ;
    • add more profiles: AAC-LD, AAC-ELD (acutally we have only these choices: AAC-LC / HE-AAC / HE-AACv2, of course they are essential) (and why not these too: MPEG-2 AAC LC / MPEG-2 HE-AAC (SBR) / MPEG-2 HE-AAC v2 (SBR+PS)) ;
    • and finally, add a command line (as Lame), it will be usefull !

Please add these options&*8230; They are essentials!