title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Corrupt File Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Corrupt File Question

Originally posted by Darryl R
    I'm doing SACD conversion with a very smart guy, and we're running into these MD5 issue about every third disc.
    How are you getting SACD to FLAC files, Sony PS3 rip?

Comment

• Darryl R
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2014

Yes, my friend has the PS3, and his favorite PCM conversion tool is DSD Master. Now that I've learned a little more about this process, we're thinking DSD Master may have some bugs in its creation of FLACs. Going forward, we're going to try creating AIFFs from the DSD files first, since DSD Master is a Mac-only tool, and then use dBpoweramp to create the FLACs -- the reverse of what we've been doing.
      Last edited by Darryl R; 11-14-2015, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Darryl R
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2014

For completeness, I'm posting the response from DSD Master, who had an admirably humble attitude in addressing this issue:
        Inside DSD Master we use the official libFLAC library to encode our FLAC output files. We don’t do anything explicitly inside DSD Master that pertains to the FLAC’s internal MD5 checksum. If the checksum his coming out wrong, then my first reaction is that libFLAC must be doing it. That said, libFLAC is well established, and it seems highly improbable that this could actually be possible. So we are in the process of looking closely into how we are using the libFLAC library to see if there is any possibility that we are somehow doing something wrong, although I’m not really sure what opportunities there are for initiating that sort of an error.

At the same time, we notice that we are using libFLAC 1.3.0 and this time last year they released 1.3.1 so we will also be looking at incorporating this update into DSD Master. We are also looking to see if we can replicate what you are seeing. I also have dBpoweramp, but it is quite an old version. Nonetheless if FLAC files present themselves with inconsistent MD5 data, even an older version of dBpoweramp ought be able to pick up on that.

It sounds as though what you are telling me is that the problem is intermittent. A track which produces a ‘problem’ MD5 can produce a ‘clean’ conversion if the conversion is repeated. That being the case, I don’t know what I can do to address that. If your friend who is running DSD Master in Switzerland wants to contact me I can work with him to resolve it, if he is of a mind to want to do so.

Comment

• hansph
          • Oct 2021

I'm a newbie in the world of converting files from dsf to apple lossless format. I have converted a number of SACD iso to dsf and from dsf going to Apple Lossless. It worked for almost every album except one. I was able to extract this particular album from SACD ISO to DSF. DSF playback is fine. However, conversion to Apple Lossless using Dbpoweramp always results in small files and the sound is choppy and garbled. The files are also small and the playing time is short and skips randomly. Somebody else was able to convert the files correctly using another application using the same SACD iso file. Is it possible that there is still a bug with Dbpoweramp?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you can upload (dropbox, etc) the dsf file and message me a link.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>