title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie help

Newbie help

Hi there

Can someone explain to me exactly how this works? I downloaded the trial version of Music Converter and have been using it fine for well over 21 days. It converts between all formats except now when I try to convert anything to MP3, it comes up with a window saying "dBPoweramp Reference: Trial Expired" / "Component Requires Reference". Why is it only doing this for MP3s? Do I definitely have to properly purchase the software to convert things into MP3? And if I do, do I have to purchase the full version 15.3 of dBPoweramp when all I want to do is simply convert files from one format to another? I don't need the whole ripping tool as well...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Newbie help

It appears that the full functioning trial version has expired, so you now have 2 choices.

Either, continue to use the trial version of dBpoweramp Music Converter, without all the features OR purchase dBpoweramp Music Converter, with all the features.

ok, so, my second question was..

Do I have to purchase the full version 15.3 of dBPoweramp when all I want to do is simply convert files from one format to another? I don't need the whole ripping tool as well. I can't see any options to purchase just the Music Converter? Is it all the same thing?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djdust View Post
    Do I have to purchase the full version 15.3 of dBPoweramp when all I want to do is simply convert files from one format to another? I don't need the whole ripping tool as well. I can't see any options to purchase just the Music Converter? Is it all the same thing?
    dBpoweramp Music Converter contains both the Converter and the CD Ripper. They are not available to purchase separately.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djdust View Post
    ok, so, my second question was..

There are many free conversion utilities available. Obviously, they don't offer the same feature set as dBp, but if you have one simple task, any utility that covers that task should be effective. iTunes and EAC are two of the many popular options out there.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    There are many free conversion utilities available. Obviously, they don't offer the same feature set as dBp, but if you have one simple task, any utility that covers that task should be effective. iTunes and EAC are two of the many popular options out there.
    also look at foobar2000.