title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Review Metadata - **Metadata Taken From Cache**

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krjtx
    • Oct 2015

Review Metadata - **Metadata Taken From Cache**

I am new to dbpoweramp, but have run into a problem with Metadata. For the first day of use everything was working fine, when I went to review the metadata (Alt+M) all the sources and the data were displayed. Then suddenly the external sources were not longer displaying in the Review window, and the message **Metadata Taken From Cache** is displayed in thew Window Title bar - I have now tried 10-15 additional discs all getting the same response.

All of the "internet" options are still checked in the "Meta" drop down menu.

I have searched for this issue - but could not find an answer.

Does anybody what might be the problem.

thanks, in advance for your help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Review Metadata - **Metadata Taken From Cache**

It means these discs have already been in CD Ripper, review can only show the other providers if you get the metadata live from the Internet, so click the metadata button to fetch again from the Internet, then click review.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• krjtx
      • Oct 2015

Spoon - I have already tried this, and still do not get the full metadata information. I also found a thread where it suggested deleting the cache file, I did this but still have the same issue.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by krjtx
        I am new to dbpoweramp, but have run into a problem with Metadata. For the first day of use everything was working fine, when I went to review the metadata (Alt+M) all the sources and the data were displayed. Then suddenly the external sources were not longer displaying in the Review window, and the message **Metadata Taken From Cache** is displayed in thew Window Title bar - I have now tried 10-15 additional discs all getting the same response.

All of the "internet" options are still checked in the "Meta" drop down menu.

I have searched for this issue - but could not find an answer.

Does anybody what might be the problem.
        There isn't a problem rather it is by design as described in Spoon's post.

If you click the Review Metadata button and you do not see any metadata from the 4 providers, do the following:
        1. Close the Review Metadata window.

2. Select the Clear Metadata option from the Meta dropdown menu.

3. Click the Meta button (Retrieve ID Tags from the Internet). Please wait, as this can take a few seconds as CDRipper is negotiating with the online databases.

4. Click the Review Metadata button. You are now able to choose data from the 4 metadata providers (remember also, that it is possible your CD does not exist in all 4 online databases).

Please Note: this method will clear ALL metadata for the CD in the main CDRipper window, so use with caution if you don't want to lose hours of manual editing.

Comment

Working...

]]>